i have done a search for turin brakes, and they dont get much mention... does anyone here like them? faveroute songs? mine are 'pain killer' and 'red moon'. your turn...

I haven't heard these guys in so long

they had a new album out few months back, didnt they

the last stuff i heard by them was the ether song album

it was damn good.
I got 'The optimist' album years back and loved it, but haven't really listened to them much since. They're really forgetable. Seem to remember doing a tab of a track at one point, completely forgotten how to play that.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Ether Song was a truly beautiful album, but it is a bit bland and never really encouraged me to get any more of their stuff - but I do really like most of the stuff off that album, just not all in one sitting.
They are great, i have ether song, cool album, but i have been meaning to get the optimist, didn't it win the mercury prize? Also, i wanna get their latest one, i love that song, 'fishing for a dream', there was another one too but i forgot the name. I think pain killer is my overall favourite track of theirs though.
TURIN BRAKES coincidence im listening right now, they are the best neo soul indie band (lol) ever!!! i love them iv got all their albums and im desparte to get tabs for their lateset album JackInABox. Espicially the song "building wraps around you" (i think thats what its called).

Anyway yer Red moon thats one of my favourites but also state of things and self help, and the solo in underdog is amazing

In all these guys are truly amazing musicians and unfortunately underated.

lovin it!!!

(^_^)
'Leave all this misery behii-ii-ii--nd'

That's those guys isn't it?

I love that line, especially when it comes on at work. In fact, thats the only song of theirs I really know, but it's a nice tune. Is it called Summer Rain? :S
well for me I remember listening to them quite often about... 2 years ago and really enjoyed their music, although I really just forgot about them and well, never really tried to listen to that new cd that they brought out sometime ago. Although yes, I really did enjoy their music back in those days.
Quote by Abe
'Leave all this misery behii-ii-ii--nd'

That's those guys isn't it?

I love that line, especially when it comes on at work. In fact, thats the only song of theirs I really know, but it's a nice tune. Is it called Summer Rain? :S

It's called Pain Killer I think.

They are rather forgettable yes, the odd track here or there is quite nice though. Someone lent me The Optimist LP ages ago, not sure I've even listened to it or given it back yet...
Ok, so these guys are playing Exeter soon, and since I missed Get Cape.. when he was here a couple weeks back and the Guillemots when they were here Thursday I'm making it a mission to catch these.

For any Devonians, it's at the Phoenix on Gandy Street, but as yet not found out a date :/

Thing is I haven't heard anything from them since Ether Song (Painkiller, Long Distance) so any tips on where to find their more recent stuff (eg names of songs, albums etc) more than welcome from any angles.

Cheers

T
TURIN BRAKES.

So damn good.

Have all their albums now, and saw them at the Theatre Royal in September - quite possibly the best gig I've been to. My favourites are probably Long Distance, Red Moon, Fishing For a Dream (the best outro in existence), Emergency 72, Pain Killer, Full of Stars and They Can't Buy the Sunshine.

They have a free download of a track off the new album, called Apocolips, which is a pretty funky choon in my opinion:

http://www.turinbrakes.com/

Hope to see them in Brighton later in the year too!
One of my favourite bands too, I love "Above the Clouds". Such a nice song. Also, Asleep with the Fireflies.

EDIT: This thread is very old/small.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
aww man this is the very old thread i thought it was. i was young once!

the first girl i ever fell in love with put rain city on the first mix she made me, so im gonna listen to that now