well in a couple weeks i am scedualed to play infront of my school (700 people- teachers ect.) and it is just me no one to drum ar any thing (all my freinds SUCK) so seince they are mostly green day fans their i am going to play "when september ends" beacuse it is easy and i can play it all the way through. any tips????

oh or i could play "brain stew" after all its only 5 power cords through the whole song
So you're going to have one guitar play a Green Day song? Dude, that's boring as hell, I don't even know if a Green Day fan could enjoy that. Get some backing - a singer, a bass, something.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
im trying! i might be able to get a drummer but their are no guy singers at my school so i screwd their and their are no bassists! i hate charter schools
btw my school is k-8th grade (im in seventh) and kinder gateners will enjoy anything so im not under alot of pressure
dude ask around or somethin it will be so muc better if u get a bassist and drummer
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
i have a bassist in the band i am trying to start but he gose to another school and if he misses a nother day of school he will be held back
green day fans? it's easy! give them good riddance. that solves the problem of being the only person playing.
Get girls to backup sing and as for your friends 'sucking', I think its that attitude thats left you gigging on your own. Beggers can't be choosers, stop putting people down, have some fun with it.
Quote by metal_fretter
ok so iv started been shredding for a while now. and i was reading other threads and i was wondering, is shredding just playing random notes all over the fret board wherever i want. or am i supposed to shred in some kind of scale??
Are you a good guitarist? If you're not ready to perform then don't go, you'll just end up embarrassing yourself. But if this is really something you wanna do, and you're ready, don't get nervous. People play by themselves all the time at our school at they rock hard. You don't need backup. If you're nervous and that's why you want someone with you then find somebody... quick.

And don't play just one song that everybody knows. Play a really good song. Maybe when septemeber ends will be a nice ending, cause people might cheer when they hear the first note, but don't play just that song.
"1456"... if you're reading this, you know what the code means, and i mean every word of it.... 1456!!!
Play Good Riddance (Time of your life) all audiences tend to lap that up and its easy to play and you only need a guitar and vocals

Are you going to sing?
Thin Lizzy
play girls, girls, girls lol
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.
toss in a good improve solo that'll make it more interesting
TO DISTURB IS TO PLEASE
Quote by les_kris
as for your friends 'sucking', I think its that attitude thats left you gigging on your own. Beggers can't be choosers, stop putting people down, have some fun with it.

+1
Or just get a girl to sing the whole thing. It'll be a lot more interesting than just guitar and it'll take some pressure off you.
The key to school gigs is no shame.

Just go on stage and do what you're going to do. No fear!!!

+2
Quote by Zeppelin256
So you're going to have one guitar play a Green Day song? Dude, that's boring as hell, I don't even know if a Green Day fan could enjoy that. Get some backing - a singer, a bass, something.

As much as I am against GD, DO NOT PLAY WITHOUT BACKUP!
If you play without backup, play the right type of song, you will be humiliated, this isn't about showing people what you can do, like you would in a demonstration in a music class. Play like an easy song by Satriani, Tears in the Rain or Midnight.
Or even better, MAKE YOUR OWN.
Don't bore people, no matter how much confidence you have, you will suck.
Please find some backup,it will sound so much better.

But if you can't,do WMUWSE,or Good Riddance.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.