i messed w/ the action and now the high strings arent right. they either dont ring properly or have a beat (the sound goes in and out). What height should the action be and how high should the pickups be relative to the actoin?
if they arent ringing out then higher than that.

its preference.

with pickups, too high is muddy, too low is volume loss.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
when i bought the guitar the actoin for the low strings was greater than that for the high strings. why?
what kind of guitar is it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

the bridge should be level. u just want the bridge as low as possible Without fret buzz.

then u raise or lower the pups to preference.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Are you messing with the little wheel things on the bridge? cuz i did that with my les paul and it got way messed up. I would hit the strings and it would just make a scrathing noise. no actual notes came out lol. had to take it in to have it fixed. it works fine now though
Quote by I Like RHCP
Are you messing with the little wheel things on the bridge? cuz i did that with my les paul and it got way messed up. I would hit the strings and it would just make a scrathing noise. no actual notes came out lol. had to take it in to have it fixed. it works fine now though

thats pretty much what happened except ive gotten the lowest 3 strings normal. do you know what they did when they fixed it?