ok so i have a guitar that i want to switch to lefty. the guitar is pretty cheap and not worth the money it would take to get it proffesionally done (if i had the cash for that anyways).

the guitar is a double cut away les paul style first act. it has a strat styled bridge with no wammy (i think its fixed btw). the head style is well like the standard gibson head 3 tuning machines on each side.

i know i would obviously need to get a new nut. but what thats about all i am certain of. what needs to be done to successfully make the switch?
Quote by mr. cool
i know i would obviously need to get a new nut.

hahahahahaha
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Just switch the strings around and play like Jimi Hendrix. If the input jack is on the side bottom corner of your guitar it would be wierd because its all the way up there now. I suggest you just get an Ibanez lefty . I saw it on T.V. long ass'd ago, they were making a righty guitar a lefty because lefty guitars are expensive stuff but I don't know why it would be so expensive.
couldnt he just flip the nut around, put strings on lefty style and re-intoneate
Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q
^^^Probably. Depending on the nut, you should be able to switch it around and you may need to adjust the saddles on the bridge, but that's about it.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
well a new nut will just be a few pucks but how do i do this saddle changing thing?

lol today i went into the shop and asked if they had any lefty nuts for sale. I still dont know the answer because they laughed too hard too long to answer.
Last edited by mr. cool at May 11, 2006,
I'm sure you could find one online if you needed to.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by mr. cool
well a new nut will just be a few pucks but how do i do this saddle changing thing?

lol today i went into the shop and asked if they had any lefty nuts for sale. I still dont know the answer because they laughed too hard too long to answer.

Try another shop :P

Just tell them you're looking for a new nut for your guitar. And that you need one that's left handed.

Since it's a Gibson... It's probably a tune-o-matic bridge, so it won't matter what order you put the strings through on the bridge end.

You'll probably want to change the location of the strap nuts, but that's easy, with a little filler.
my acoustic got a new nut installed for $30.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
file down the old one? you mite as well make your own guitar. no, im exageratting, but filing a nut isnt that easy unless you have a lot of machinery.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
^^^Actually, its not that hard at all.........just hard to get it perfect. The actual filing process is easy, though.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86