I'm looking for specific info on this guitar. Mainly if the body is a solid piece of mahogany and if the neck is one piece of mahogany. Also, how is the hardware?(Tuners, pickup, bridge, etc.) Musician's Friend doesn't have a whole lot of info on it and neither does the Gibson site.

Thanks a lot,

-Xenn99
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Gibson LP Junior was discontinued 2002.

Body
Mahogany
Neck/Profile
Mahogany/1960 Slim taper
Fingerboard/Inlay
Rosewood 22 frets/Dot
Scale/Nut Width
243/4"/111/16
Bridge/Tailpiece
Compensated Wraparound Bridge
Hardware
Chrome
Pickups
Single Dog Ear P-90
Controls
One volume, one tone
Finish
Vintage Sunburst , Ebony

Gibson LPJ with Buckers

Last edited by Ippon at May 10, 2006,
Yes, I saw that on the Gibson site. What I'm wondering if it's an actual solid mahogany body with single piece mahogany neck, or if it's multiple pieces of mahogany for each.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Most guitar bodies other than the custom-level stuff have at least bookmatched or 2 pieces of wood, and some even more. Not sure about the neck, could be 1 piece mahogany + the rosewood, but good luck finding those discontinued models.
^They're all over eBay and should still be in stores everywhere for quite some time. It's not like once a guitar that is so mass-produced as the LPJ is discontinued, all of them suddenly disappear from the market.
Musician's Friend still carries them. Along with SG Jr.'s (weren't those discontinued like...years and years ago?)

I remember reading something a while back about Musician's Friend having a deal with Gibson to continue carrying the LP Jr exclusively. I don't know how true that is, but Musician's Friend has them. And they don't run out.

Thanks for the info on the body too-I figured that was probably the case.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I haven't found them in guitar stores, but when I asked a Gibson dealer he said he could get one in if he talked to the local Gibson rep.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
they should be one peice bodies. im pretty sure most, if not all gibby bodies are one peice, and the neck is definitely one peice
Quote by Ippon
Most guitar bodies other than the custom-level stuff have at least bookmatched or 2 pieces of wood, and some even more. Not sure about the neck, could be 1 piece mahogany + the rosewood, but good luck finding those discontinued models.

Not bookmatched... Well, I've seen it, but that's for the high end. Bookmatching takes a lot of time and effort compared to just sticking a few chunks of wood together.
Quote by peever
they should be one peice bodies. im pretty sure most, if not all gibby bodies are one peice, and the neck is definitely one peice
I before E except after C!

Most Gibson production models (i.e. non-Custom Shop) are two-piece bodies.

The Junior is the exception though, Juniors are one-piece. They also don't have the same chambering that the other production Gibsons have.
The necks should be one-piece mahogany, but I can't say for sure, as the only detailed spec sheet I have to hand is for the Billie Joe signature Junior, which could well be made with different construction.

The downside is the grade of the wood that is uses is lower in Juniors, and the hardware - as is often the case in these simpler or cheaper guitars - is lower quality, being from an inferior cast to the hardware used on Standards and the like.

In terms of overall quality, you're looking at something a bit better than a LP Studio, but a bit worse than a LP or SG Standard.