Im tryign to decide what guitar i want to buy next, I've been looking at the Ibanez guitars specifically.

RG1570- has a nice look and ive heard nothing but good things about it on here, but some1 said it sounds great with a pickup change, does that mean the pickups the guitar has now are crap?

RGT42DXFM or any other one- i dont know the price of a tremolo series guitar, can some1 please tell me. But i '' LOVE'' the look of all the Rg Tremolo guitars, i like the shrak tooth fret indicaters especially.

I know the Rg Prestiges are good guitars but could somebody tell me about the Tremolo's? and the prices they go for? are they under 800$?
1570 is made in Japan a much nicer instrument with better Edge Pro trem vs. Edge 2, also the Prestige neck is much thinner than the RG42DXFMs
? the 1570 has a tremelo, a great one.

i can't find any info on the RGT42DXFM
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

well nevermind about the RGT42DXFM,

but what about any other RG Tremolo that has the shark teeth fret things? how much do they go for?

Or even the S series? they go for like 500-700 right?

Can some1 jsut give me the lay down on these three ibanez guitars.

- RG Prestige's
- RG Tremolo's
- S series?

keep in mind that im not going over 800 and 700 ish is pushing it a little.
Quote by DannyBozo
well nevermind about the RGT42DXFM,

but what about any other RG Tremolo that has the shark teeth fret things? how much do they go for?

Or even the S series? they go for like 500-700 right?

Can some1 jsut give me the lay down on these three ibanez guitars.

- RG Prestige's
- RG Tremolo's
- S series?

keep in mind that im not going over 800 and 700 ish is pushing it a little.

Laying this down on ur head,..

RG Prestige have Prestige neck, the Wizard. The neck thickness is 18mm at 1st fret and 20mm at 12th which is thinner than the RG series Wizard II, 19mm at 1st fret and 21mm at 12th. The RG1570 uses Wizard neck coz its a Prestige model, the one that you're eyei-ing will probably be the RG370DX or RG350EX/DX uses the Wizard II neck. And S series also uses Wizard II neck.

I really recommend you getting the RG1570 or S470/S-series coz the Prestiges uses Edge Pro and the S-Series uses the ZR trem. Both are really really reliable and trustable. The one on the RG-sharkteeth-fret-thing has the Edge III tremolo system, made from soft metal and you'll easily lose the tunings in couple of months.

The difference between the RG1570 and the S series are, RG1570 has 24 frets aside from the S-Series, 22. And the neck thickness. The "S" inlays on the S-Series may look ridiculous to some (i know it does) so just have a look at it and holla ba'c...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 11, 2006,
i think the rg 2550/2570 might have shark fin inlays (some of the models, anyway)- if they're that important, go for that. realise though that you're payin about £100 for nicer (and that's subjective, lol) inlays and slightly better pickups (which in my opinion, need switching too).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the bigger bro from the rg1570. The 2570..., it has the shark inlays like you said but what Dave MC said, u need to replace the pickups anywhoo....
The RG1570 is $100+ cheaper and the shark inlays on the RG2570E are dull and retarded IMO.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
hmmm

Well the 1570 is way better, i would look into some of the S shape ibanezs, 24 fret, new bridge design
Manchester United