I am having a problem, the only string on my guitar that constantly breaks is my G-String. The only other one was a D when I tightened it too much. Is that a problem with all G's or is it something I need to get checked out?
check it out. there is a joke about womens undergarments here.
never have a thread title be My G string
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

If you're going to come into this thread and spam "LOLZ" or other useless comments, don't. Contribute to the topic and avoid being a smartass.

Is the G only breaking when you're tuning it? Or just in general from playing? Try playing a little lighter or perhaps try lower tunings so the strings aren't as stiff? Or maybe get the string tension adjusted.
The G string is the thinnest string so it's usually the first to break. I assume it's breaking while you're playing, not tuning? This is probably because you're playing too hard. Another factor could be that your neck is warped and is putting too much tension on the string. There are several possibilities.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
I breaks during both. I can try playing softer, but last time it broke simply by tuning it to G.
it may also be the string brand

im a elixer fan
but i cant use them on my taylor becuase the G always snaps after about 5 minuest so after about 35 packs of srings
i switched brands and they work fine...
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
OHH yea it also could be

a sharp edge either at the nut or the saddle
get some like 160 grip sand papper and sand light on any sharp points then.... get a number 2 pencile and rub alittle of graphite (or lead) on the part you sanded
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Yeah I use Elixir mediums and play about 2-3hours a day. I play alot of versatile music. so I do alot of odd tunings, my G-string breaks about once a month. Try and tune 1 step at a time. you know? but once it gets to the point where it's going to break the second you LOOSEN it. it's just gone.
Where is it breaking? Is it at the nut/tuning peg or the saddle. A lot of times there is a sharp edge in the tuning peg hole. If you use a small round file you can take care of that problem. If it is breaking at the saddle or anywhere else for that matter other than at the nut or tuning peg it is because you are tightening it too tight. Try using different guage of string. Lighter guage will decrease tension and therefore cut down on breakage.
^Just what I was going to ask.

Unless the string is snapping in the middle (doubtfull) have it checked out. Take it to a local guitar store and have them take a look at it. I had the same problem witht he bridge on my electric. I broke the D string 3 times in two days. It ended up being a sharp point on the saddle that a quick sanding fixed.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i'm going to have to agree with the two people above me... i'd need to know where the string is breaking and if it is breaking in the same or close to the same place every time.... but i'd be willing to bet that you have a little abrasive notch or scuff on either your tuning peg, nut, or maybe the saddle that is basically cutting the string in half.