If people would open their eyes they would realize that new music is a talentless monstrocity. There is so little talent in the industry today and it's all about luck today. If you are smart you will not support this music and listen to the good old 60's, 70's, and even 80's. It beats the hell out of today's music and the musicians have some talent to showcase through music instead of say **** ina song and make it cool. STOP THE NEW MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wrong fourm i think lol

POP PUNK nicely played

but the mars volta is a newer band an they have talent
there great musicans that use alot of old trick of the trade
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
You're an idiot. I don't need to argue any points - you proved it yourself.

edit: to the first guy
^i agree with you dude, hes just a moron, i think punk/emo is alot better an more creative then classic rock
If you looked away from what's playing on the radio all the time you'd find that there are some incredible modern bands out there. Now die in a fire.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
AFI
coheed and cambria
dragonforce
Quote by sonixon
I'll say.
They were originally going make Claudio a part of Mount Rushmore, but the material was not tough enough to sculpt his hair out of.

Quote by thefinalcut
"St. Anger" was done in Drop Z tuning, they were trying to "out heavy" Slipknot.
talentless my A$$. Have you ever listened to Avenged Sevenfold's guitar parts. They could put most old school rock to shame (don't get me wrong, the old stuff rocks too).

EDIT: Unearth has some sweet solos too and their drummer is sick.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
...Uh...Okay. Have fun with stopping the new music. You should have attacked "Pop-Punk , and Emo". Not all "modern" bands are talentless, you know.
granted yes, there is some good music coming out...but i personally must stand up for the first guy, cuz well, honestly, there is just sumthing terribly wrong with people putting their fists in the air and yelling Rock Onnn to these crappy bands. I mean, Hawthorne Heights? Death Cab, are you kidding me??? what happened to the Zeppelins and Floyds and such...Thank God Metallica is comin out with a new cd, and remember when i say this to everyone when i say that their new cd is gonna kick some major assss, nothing like st anger. Its gonna bring rock back where it belongs
-Vox 100 VTH head
-Crate 4x12 cab

-Line 6 Spider III 75w

Epiphone Les Paul

Member # 17 of Metallica Mensa
Quote by LPriffer23
granted yes, there is some good music coming out...but i personally must stand up for the first guy, cuz well, honestly, there is just sumthing terribly wrong with people putting their fists in the air and yelling Rock Onnn to these crappy bands. I mean, Hawthorne Heights? Death Cab, are you kidding me??? what happened to the Zeppelins and Floyds and such...Thank God Metallica is comin out with a new cd, and remember when i say this to everyone when i say that their new cd is gonna kick some major assss, nothing like st anger. Its gonna bring rock back where it belongs

hmm what happened to led zeppelins and pink floyds...
oh yeah
they got old
listen to their music and be happy
dont expect bands to be the same as they were 20 years ago
Quote by sonixon
I'll say.
They were originally going make Claudio a part of Mount Rushmore, but the material was not tough enough to sculpt his hair out of.

Quote by thefinalcut
"St. Anger" was done in Drop Z tuning, they were trying to "out heavy" Slipknot.
K if you don't like new music then don't listen to it...or should everyone in the world just stop making music so you can listen to your old music til your head explodes. You ignorant bastard that means all you guitarists on UG too put your guitars down or else you could create something new and innovative...god what an asshole
And though they are hated by a sh!tload of people , Avenged Sevenfold have talent. Who gives a **** if they showed up on TRL? Good point , GuitarFreak664. Trivium , Children of Bodom , Opeth , Nevermore... just to name some more. Don't get me wrong , I get what you mean. I can't stand flipping to a music channel and seeing some little prick play four power chords and scream about Ohio and crying either. Cheee-ahs!
by the way...in honor of this new music thing...n e one like the new Pearl Jam cd, cuz, thats some good music that is, well, new i guess, but not really new, but new
-Vox 100 VTH head
-Crate 4x12 cab

-Line 6 Spider III 75w

Epiphone Les Paul

Member # 17 of Metallica Mensa
sry m8, ill have to dissagree. older bands seem to have more talent, because time has already weeded out the lesser bands from the public conciousness. trust me, there were A LOT of ****ty older bands, you just dont hear about them anymore. and there are good new bands, you jsut may need the patience to look for them. cheers
fortunatley popular opinion dosent classify whats good. only classifies whats popular. true the mainstreamed modern bands do not have some of the technical abilities that classic rock bands have. However guess what dude back in the 60's and 70's there were a lot of people hating on the then "Modern bands" because they werent up to par with the likes of motzart and behtoveen. so if u want to base what people should listen to on over all skill level why not take it all the way back to the REAL Greats. But the truth is man Music is beautiful no matter what type of music it is. there is a place for every thing. ya know just because ur personal prefrence of music might be classic rock or whatever else it consists of, dosent mean its better then some one who likes a modern band. even if the skill level of the modern bands arent at the level of the classic rock bands. Every body is built differently and we all have different tastes buddy. haha go figure! its not like this is a new concept. I dont konw man i just dont think u should hate on a certain type of music just because u dont like it. If u dont like it dont listen to it no reason to be worried about what other people listen to cause u have no control over that. haha look how much i wrote. lol oh well man "Fu*ck it Dude Lets go bowling"

Love love love
love love love
love is all u need!
I don't think there are any future legends out there now, but there are some good bands.
I personally like Hawthorne Heights, them and MCR are the only real emo bands I'm into.
And A7X are good but way overrated, I like their music and everything but people make to much of them. For example in a thread about the 100 best guitarists all time there were like, 4 or 5 people saying Synyster Gates should be on there.
Honestly I like the music but bands today aren't what they used to be.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
If all you listened to was classic rock, then your musical taste would stagnate because theres a limited amount of the stuff. New music arrived from a natural progression over the years, get over it.
Quote by Modernmusich8er
If people would open their eyes they would realize that new music is a talentless monstrocity. There is so little talent in the industry today and it's all about luck today. If you are smart you will not support this music and listen to the good old 60's, 70's, and even 80's. It beats the hell out of today's music and the musicians have some talent to showcase through music instead of say **** ina song and make it cool. STOP THE NEW MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you go out and listen to some modern music? Not every modern band is talent-less.

Judgmental son-of-a-bitch.
so i thought this guy was going to be like 13 or maybe even 14 but he is 24

he is a fool who cares what he as to say let this die
This goes both ways.

Although a large portion of modern "rock" is nothing but power chords, it's not all like that. Avenged Sevenfold's guitarists have some skill. I'm not a huge fan but I can certainly attest to their skill. Unfortunately bands aren't as talented as they once were. I don't think we'll ever have a Zeppelin/Floyd/whoever else era again. That's how it rolls. Long live classic rock.

And for the record, someone said Avenged could own some classic rock. Put Synester Gates onstage with the Jimmy Page/Ritchie Blackmore of twenty years ago. Synester would be owned in two minutes.
Quote by Modernmusich8er

Tool.

Enough said
eejit
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic