Hey, my friend ended up dropping my gibson sg and now I'm guitarless and repairing it would be almost the price of buying a new guitar. I'm looking to purchase a guitar with a 24 3/4" Scale (since I have small hands) with a versatile sound. Can you guys help recommending any guitars? thx.. also are there any sg's with thinner necks ? i had a special faded. was also wondering if the more expensive sg's with the full paint job finish were more durable.
If I was you I would have that friend pay for the repairs. How did he break it?
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
it's been repaired once already for a broken peg head and that cost me $200 with refinish and all and the action was all retarted and i was getting crazy fret buzz all over the fretboard anyway. it was 'semi' playable heh. this time the neck split in half. so i figure i might as well buy a new guitar and take SUPER GOOD care of it this time.
Special Faded are ok, but '61 reissues, or SG supreme will be better. ;

Theres an SG Godess, it is lighter and thinner, but I think it was designed kind of feminine.
Get it repaired and make your ass h*le friend pay for it. Also get it fully set up afterwards. Also on your your friend's dime.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
it was party my fault and he def has no cash to pay for a repair. i'm just worried that if i put more cash into getting my guitar getting repaired that i'll still end up with a warped neck. i really don't want to risk it
Dude,.......I am speachless,........Get your "friend" to pay for it!! it's a Gibson!! Also yes, Gibson done make thinner necks, only through custom shop and special order, good luck with that bill. ha! Oh, one more thing, MAKE YOUR STUPID FRIEND PAY FOR IT!! AND DON'T TAKE NO FOR A ANSWER!
ASTRO JACK IS IN DA HOUSE!!!
Fine. Make your friend's parents pay for it. Jeez. Just because something gets broken doesn't mean it can't be fixed. Get an estimate on the repair and the price of a new SG of the same model. Take both to him/his parents. It may just be cheaper to buy a new SG. If that's the case, have them pay for it.

Also, how the hell could it be partly your fault? Your friend dropped YOUR guitar and broke it. He's responsible.

As for getting a warped neck, take it to a Gibson dealer for repair or send it directly to Gibson. They should fix it perfectly for you. If it ends up with a warped neck, take it back/send it back to them and make them fix it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
small hands or nor id recommend a full size because their just soo much easyier to play with the space between strings.
Such atragedy

<virus>I am a signature virus. Copy me into your signature and help me spread.</virus>
i dont let my friends tuch my gibson..... but maby try an ibanez or a schecter?
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
ESP LTD Viper 400 might be the ticket.

On the cheap an Agile Valkyrie would fit the bill too.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Last edited by Mudder at May 11, 2006,
Quote by conflate
it's been repaired once already for a broken peg head and that cost me $200 with refinish and all and the action was all retarted and i was getting crazy fret buzz all over the fretboard anyway. it was 'semi' playable heh. this time the neck split in half. so i figure i might as well buy a new guitar and take SUPER GOOD care of it this time.

you can buy a new neck and just glue it in