on my 7 string esp floyed rose. my a string the one between the E and the d is out of tune only when i go pass the 5th fret. Ive never seen this and ive been playing for 6 yrs. ive already tried adjusting my sattle because when i check the 12th fret matched up with the open note of the a string, it runs flat, so i move the sattle all the way to the bolt and it is still saying that the note is flat, i have no more room to adjust it , what do id o!$#$
Take it and have it set up by a professional.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i've had the same problem with my baby guitar aka a really small guitar but it was pass the 2nd fret but it was no biggy... take it to a professional, thats wat they're there for... plus u can ask them questions and stuff and they'll teach u how to fix problems and stuff
they also get to charge u 40 bucks for somthin that might take 5 min to fix. aka jerks at guitar center.
Don't go to guitar center. Go to a local guitar shop where you know the people.

As for it being a "five minute fix" I watched a guitar expert struggle to fix the messed up intonation on a 7-string for about an hour. He finally got it perfect though.

Call around to local guitar shops and see who will give you the best deal. even if they're all $40, is your guitar being playable worth $40 to you?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Did somebody said "Floyd ROSE" ? Y waste money when you can do it on ur own? Of course if all these fails, you can go get help. Try it out 1st ya...

Tuning Floyd Roses' intonation is really a bitch if you dont have any equipment. Its time consuming and really needs a lot of patient...A LOT. You can get a guitar tech guy to get it done but make sure he knows what he's doing.

This is the thing you should adjust on ur bridge. The little tiny screw below the strings.

This is a special intonation tool for Ibanez Edge tremolo system, sold at stewmac.com

These are the steps on how to properly adjust your intonation on floyd rose system.

Tuning
1) Loosen the locking nut
2) Set your fine tuners to middle position
3) Tune up your guitar to standard or whichever tunings u wish
4) If the floating bridge comes out, loosen the tunings and then tighten the springs in the tremolo cavity at the back, if the bridge sinks, then vice-versa

more info on tuning floyd roses - http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html
picture guide on how to perform the #4 step mentioned above - http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/floydrosetremolo.htm
http://www.jemsite.com/tech/1setup.htm#step1

Checking the intonation
1) Check the intonation on each strings and you might want to get a pencil for this. Jot down every sharps or flats on every strings
2) Pick a harmonic at the 12th fret of E and make sure its tuned to your tuning like open E = 12th fret harmonics. Or any downtunings make sure its the same
3) Now fret the 12th fret with normal finger pressure and check wheter its the same
4) If the notes of the open note vs. the natural harmonic are different you need to adjust the saddle position
5) Mark the strings that you wish to intonate

Setting the intonation
1) If you dont have the special tool, you need to loosen the string 1 by one and adjust its intonation step by step.
2) Here's the tricky part, your string needs to be properly loosed and you might want to hold it using ur fingers because if the tension is still there, the strings will pull the intonation saddle after you loosen it.
3) Loosen the saddle screw, see your notes that you just jotted, if the fretted note is SHARP, move the saddle AWAY from the neck and vice-versa.
4) You might have to move the saddle quite a bit to realize changes. You can get it really far back, past the bolt's head or washer in fact.
5) There are two bolt positions for adjustments so if there is not enough adjustment in the saddle move saddle further and use the next hole for the intonation lock down screw as you can see on pic below:

Ibanez ILT example Bridge
*there is another hole in front that you can put the saddle screw if the desired intonation isnt proper.
6) Tighten the intonation lock screw firmly taking care not to strip the screw
7) Retune the string and retest fret-12 fretted to the fret-12 natural harmonic
8) This is probably the most sickening step of all. This is a really really by trial and error, so if your desired pitch isnt working, you have to do it again and again and repeat the steps above until its properly intoned.

Really important notes, read this through
- Loosen the strings to make way for the allen/hex wrench to be properly inserted in the saddle screw. AVOID contact with the hex wrench and the strings. I did this once and the string just break....
- The notes at the 12th fret open note vs 12 fret natural harmonic should be in tune with themselves
- Do not touch this because thats the string lock.

If you loosen it the strings will pop out. Same as the Ibanez ILT example Bridge, do not touch the (E) part.

- BE PATIENT, you dont want to get any mental breakdowns
- When loosening the strings, make sure that your springs are loosed or if you hate to loosen it back and forth risking ruining the screw thread, hold its position using the trem bar. OR a better way to do it is to put a wooden block on the back of the tremolo to prevent it from moving for awhile.
- You can also try dunking ur trem in a "down-pull" position to let your strings be flabby and make way for the hex wrench to adjust it but i doubt that its achievable for the high e string since it small and fragile.

Hope this helps, its quite bitching and whatnot so you can save your time (but not ur money) by just sending it to professional tech to be properly setup.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 11, 2006,
yo mad pickn thanks but my problem is that i cant move my saddles any more in the flat direction. ive already tried adjusting it. I dont wanna spend the extra 40 bucks since i jsut had this thing intonated a while back.
Are you sure ur using the 2nd hole on the bridge? the one in front? coz there are 2 holes there.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Are you sure ur using the 2nd hole on the bridge? the one in front? coz there are 2 holes there.

yes im sure
Hmm...thats like...impossible. Try changing new set of strings and try it out again. And remember this, if the fretted note is flat, move the saddle TOWARDS the neck. Does the note's flat very noticable? Does your tuner have any issues (battery etc.) Maybe ur fretwires arent properly embeded under the neck, try hammering it with rubber hamer (last thing you want to do). And try checking for twisted neck, do you know how to do this?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic