What do you guys think about this Stack? have any of you tried it?
I'm thinking of getting it as a starter stack, you know? my Guitarist is getting a 400 Watt half stack, so Im probably going to hafta upgrade seeing as he already over powers me with a little 2X10 Spider amp (go figure )
So for 979.99 CAD and 600 watts each I'd say this is a fairly good deal for a starting Stack... unless it sounds like complete crap! (I am still going to try it and see how it sounds, and eventually (A.K.A. in 2 years or more) going to upgrade to Ampeg/GK/Mesa-Boogie full stack)

but what do you guys think? I'd like to hear your opinions!

And completly off topic but...

I'm starting to become obsessed with wanting ot buy basses.. no matter the cost
Im convincing myself that one day I will own 7 Basses

My original Austin
My 'Ray
My Frettless Slammer that I customized
Fender Jazz (Butter cream and Albalone/Gold Pickguard)
$$ 'Vette (dyed Green)
Fender Precision (Black w/ Black pickguard)
Ibanez BTB450QMHS (here to see color)

anyone else feel urges to want a Million basses?
MM Stingray-MM Sterling-Austin Intruder-De-fretted Slammer-GK 115SBX-GK 1001RB-II-Fender Rumble 100-RB 5 Piece Prumkit-Burswood Acoustic-Squire Strat

Quote by Forcemaster
Dude, your hair owns.
Have a pie.

www.myspace.com/thedeathbynumbers
Well, i dont see why you don't just keep saving up for the better amp now so that you attain it faster. It would also seem like the majority of people would like a ****load of guitars or basses, its human nature man.
Fender MIM Strat w/SD Hot Rails in Bridge/Marshall AVT275x/Digitech RP200/Dunlop Classic Crybaby/Fender MIM Jazz Bass/Fender Rumble 25/Pearl Forum 5 Piece Drum Set w/Zildjian ZBT cymbal set/Shure SM58/Line 6 Toneport UX-1.
My firend has that stack and I think that it is great. But if I knew that in some two years I was going to buy something more expensive (not necessarily better) anyway, Id save up now.
But if I were you, the only reason to get an ampeg or similar would be to look good onstage, that behringer sounds good IMO
I'm sure that stack will do. But i always stay clear of companies who make "everything". I like to buy bass amps from people who only make bass amps, pedals from pedal makers, basses from bass makers. In my experience with Behringer (through friends and in stores) i've found that they are cheaply made and not that reliable. if i were you i would keep saving and get something proper.

Quote by Klayy
But if I were you, the only reason to get an ampeg or similar would be to look good onstage, that behringer sounds good IMO

I think you've had your frontal lobe removed. Just to look good? Have you ever even played a HIGH-END amp? I bet not.

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
Last edited by bassbitch at May 11, 2006,
It looks like the buisness, but I'd rather get a good head and pair it with the speakers I choose rather than just what it comes with! It'll be loud but as BB said I'd keep the cash for now and get something else in a few months.
Hmm, I haven't played that model, but all the Behringers I have played have been crap. And I always hear about thier unreliability, so I'd say stay away.

Hartke are pretty cheap, and they are much better.

And what's your guitarist doing with a 400w amp? That's just stupid, unless he just wants a completely clean sound, which doesn't sound like the case. He shouldn't be cranking an amp like that anyway....
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
^ Some guitar amps only sound good when you drive them, so i can understand the need to crank, but he should get a smaller practice amp if he wants to do that. cranking a 400w amp will damage your ears, especially in rehearsal rooms where there is nowhere for the sound to go.

To be honest i've always played a Stingray, and have no lust for more basses - i have two Stingrays (which i call Stingers because when i was young and my father got me one, i thought they were called Stinger basses and went round telling my friends i was getting a Stinger Bass!!) which is more than enough. But yeah i hear you, we all lust after nice things.

BB
x
Gear Lists Are For Boys Who Masturbate Too Much.
^ Yeah, but generally 400w gutiar amps aren't made to be cranked. And they're usually SS amps, so they wouldn't sound better cranked. (Hence the insane headroom.) Though some are just made to appeal to idiots who thing bigger is better. (Marshall MF350, Fender MH500 or whatever it is.)

I don't know of any tube amps that are 400w, though they do exist.

Either way, you should have a talk with your guitarist because a 400w guitar amp isn't meant to be cranked, and if he's doing that at a rehearsal there's a problem. What amp did he buy, and is he buying it for the right reasons?
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock
Behringer has a bad reputation as a company that rips off other companies' products, and sells them at much lower quality for much cheaper.
I'd go with the paper cone cabs. I've played through Behringer amps with aluminum cones and I don't like all the treble/high end sound it gave. Even with the bass cranked and treble and high mids dropped it was still too much attack. Other then that, I'd say go for it, and once you're ready to upgrade sell it for funds towards your new rig. But keep in mind, for around the same price, you could probably get a Hartke stack, like the 2500 Head and their cheaper 4x10 and 1x15 cab or an Ashdown Mag 300 head and Ashdown 4x10 cab and 1x15 for around the same price. Higher quality rig, same price. Why not?
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I wouldn't buy behringer. Horrible quality products + they're morally decrepit.

And I too know how hard it is to try and limit yourself. I've got 3 basses, and don't want to stop. I like playing basses, many different kinds.
haha
^ What's this about thier morals?
I used to own the same head and i sold it a month later, It was terrible, unreliable and never cut through the mix. Now i have a Rack system and i couldnt be happier.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
By the way, the guitarists 400w head is most likely a Fender Metalhead, and for that reason you should hit him. Wait, he hasnt got it yet. Tell him not to get, mainly because it is crap, and more power doesn't mean a better amp. I recommend the Randall RG50T head and a cab that he can afford, because 50w tube is more than enough volume, and the Randall will sound a million times better than the crappy Fender.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
either that or a 350watt crate blue voodoo and he just got his numbers mixed up. 350 watts tube could kill an deer......from a 1000 yards.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
350 watts tube?!? That'd wipe out an entire village at half volume..
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.