Wads the heaviest BRIDGE pickup, dave ??

Is it the SW X-Bucker, BK MiracleMan, BK Nailbomb, BK Warpig, SD DimeBucker, or DiMarzio X2N ??

Oh yeah, I play Metallica, Korn, Jimmy Hendrix, and Joe Satriani, and....... BB King (which is not that important in this case)

I'm really looking for heavinessssss rather than versatility this time.....
TRUE Heavines..... I prefer a more "In your NUTS" sound......

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.....

Oh yea, pleasz post the price (in US$ preferrably)
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Last edited by bluespunkmetal at May 11, 2006,
ceramic magnet warpig
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
prob. ceramic warpig or d man's custom wound miracle man...

or kent armstrong motherbucker, it's actually probably the heaviest.

You gotta ask yourself, though, why do you want the heaviest pickup available (especially for stuff like satch and hendrix!)? if you're unhappy with your tone, that's not liable to improve it very much...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^whats d man's mm wound to?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ 22.8K, i think- the ceramic warpig is rolled back to 20K, i think.

but those motherbuckers are like 28k or something daft!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TO THE EXTREME!!!

seriously though with something with that much out put it'd be hard to get the tones you wants, satriani and hendrix most of all. even metallica didn't use huge output pickups.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ yeah. I mean with something like that it's gonna be metal all the way- you'll be struggling to let the clean channel stay clean, and even mid gain tones will probably sound like they're gagging for more dirt...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^like putting a 800hp engine in a city car. not gunna work, it'll always be itching for more power.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
10kohms. but the fact they are active boosts that
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
1. You only listed one metal band, and not a particularly heavy one (Except on And Justice For All, but that was fifteen years ago...)

2. The Dimebucker BLOWS.

3. If you still want the heaviest pickup,, a Ceramic Warpig gets my vote

4. But since you don't, try a BK Miracle Man, a Swineshead Warthog, or a Seymour Duncan Custom 5.
Whats the B.L 500 X-L wound to and even the EMG HZ H-4(although it sucks)??
Quote by p2fyre
28k? what's an EMG81 in comparison?

EMGs are irrellevant as far as comparing them like this goes they have that preamp in there, they're actually rather underwound.
That and the resistance of the windings is a pretty broad comparison between pickups because of loads of other factores that influence the output (different magnets, different types of windings...all that stuff)
i agree with seljer and danno
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Miracle man's seem like they'd be great for you.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
No the problem, i like their playing style, not tone,

Could you imagine playing Mind Storm (from the STRANGE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC album by Satch)
Using a tone that's even heavier than And Justice For All...... ??

You see, I would like a very uber-heavy kick-in-the-chest tone...... WHen I hear a Marshall upclose, it's not my chest that's poundin, its my ears almost bleedin.... Why ?? I don't know ?? ............. oh yeah they're MGs. !!!

And I know that the amp makes around 70% of the tone.... pickups 18-20% and the rest is wood and pick-attack...

So if I want the 18%-20% to be really heavy....

Besides, I'm gonna lookin for vintage outputted neck pups anyway...

So is it the Cer Warthog or ............. X2N ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
ceramic warpig (not hog) will destroy the x2n. and rip you balls from you from 500ft.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
My vote goes to the Bill Lawarence XL-500 and if you turn it around so the treble side faces the neck you get a tad bit more bass
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Dave_Mc

or kent armstrong motherbucker, it's actually probably the heaviest.

I bought a new Kent Armstrong Motherbucker for $66.90 (w/ shipping & handling) and a metalbucker from the same seller for $43.18 (w/ shipping & handling) from ebay
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZcyberbozo
The user is this shop.
http://www.wilburncustomshop.com/index.htm
Haven't installed any of the pickups yet. Couldn't pass the deal on the motherbucker because i usually see them go for $88 and $99.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
WHats the Bill Lawrence 500's output ??

Keep the faith, baby!!