how does satriani make his guitar squeal at the end of crush of love?
i can only see him using the tremolo but i don't know how to do it.

tnx
i listenin right now tell ya in a second

umm its just sounds like he is playing a note to me, maybe benind a little or using the tremelo
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
Last edited by Vandaliztik at May 11, 2006,
I havent heard the exact thing you're talking about, but I believe he pushes the trem down all the way, hits a pinch harmonic then pulls the trem back up and maybe pulls it up further.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
For Satriani style harmonics and dive, he basically just do a pinch harmonics on the 29th, 31st, or 36th fret on the last 2 strings, the B and high e. Im not too sure but somewhere around there. You dont have to fret a note, your left hand should be at the bottom of your guitar's cutaway and holding the whammy bar.

He did and up-pull 1st then a drastic down-pull continued with a finishing up-pull. Thus producing the screaming and wailing. To properly do this you need a good output pickups such as the Mo' Joe, PAF Joe, EVOs and so on.

Watch this video, at the end, Marc Deloose attempt a Satriani song and he did some of that Satriani style dive.
http://ultimate-guitar.com/columns/...ing_guitar.html
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^^

Pretty Much explained, but my thoery is that you have to shave your hair off and glue it to your forearms to play like satch.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Ummm.....sry for the wrong video that i posted. That contains only a snippit of "The Crush Of Love". Go to this website and open the MUSIC tab. DL "The Crush Of Love" and just see how he attempts it. Might not be as good as satch but he's getting it.

http://www.marcdeloose.be/fr_index.html
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
It's pinch haronics, just as pinch harmnics are possible up up the fretboard, they are possible on open strings. But like all harmonics there are sweet spots where they sound best.

Half the battle is finding the sweet spot. After you find it, hit it with a pinch harmonic and push the trem bar away from the body.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"
damn i don;t have a whammy....
what i use now is i make a nat harmonics on the 1 and 2 string and a bit of open 3 string and use the tremelo up down then up...
is this good enough?
You dont have a whammy but you use the tremolo??? whammy bar is the tremolo bar. Do you mean that you dont have a floyd rose system? Apparently if you have a vintage-style trem, you can do this but it depends on your bridge's clearance to the body. Most dont have enough clearance to do a full up-pull motion like satch's Edge Pro.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
isn't the whammy the pedal of digitech that let's you have sorts of effects with modulation and tuning?
what i use is the tremolo on the bridge of my ibanez guitar.
^ what model is it? and fx pedal for tremolo isnt as good as the real thing, they're only good for repeated sequence of the modulator or in other words "looping"
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 14, 2006,
Quote by shred-master
i think its a pinch harmonic of an open string and is raised with the tremelo

Exactly right. It's so simple but people try to make it sound complex.

Satch pinches the open E, B or G and then brings his other hand under the neck to lift the tremelo bar. Easy.
Quote by peilun
rg 570

Meh, than it shouldnt be any problems to you. You can do it just fine, its just you need to work out on ur technique and, more gain or distortion wouldnt hurt. Also some good output pups.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i can do it now and i think the way he does it with the two hands crossing is not needed after all
it's all for showing off or something
it's still cool..

tnx!
Actually, if you do it like he does, control the trem with the left, your right hand is free and you can practically masturbate or wave at someone . Yes its just for showmanship but very cool. Also, try ducking and open ur mouth like ur wailing for the sake of it - like he did.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by peilun
isn't the whammy the pedal of digitech that let's you have sorts of effects with modulation and tuning?
what i use is the tremolo on the bridge of my ibanez guitar.

Haha, wrong whammy. If someone just says "whammy" instead of "Whammy", they mean a vibrato or tremolo arm (though "tremolo" is really a volume effect).