Im looking at a Digitech Death Metal Effects Pedal on ebay, and i need some help. when you use an effects pedal, do you put one amp lead from the guitar into the pedal, then another from the pedal to the amp? also, has anyone got one of these and is it any good?
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

yeah.

the stompbox should have 2 inputs - the output and the input. you have to plug your guitar into the input slot and then connect your amp to the output.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
oh yeah btw, what style to do you play? I'd highly recommend the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone over the digi. death metal.
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
yeah go for the MT-2...
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
Quote by guitartilldeath
oh yeah btw, what style to do you play? I'd highly recommend the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone over the digi. death metal.

at the mo, its classic metal, like sabbath and maiden, but im now playing more thrash/death metal. like slayer and metallica, so ill have a look at the MT-2

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

i hvae that pedal and i hate it. the distortion sounds like ****e. gettingit was a waste. now i just use a tubescreamer into a dual rec.
^which pedal? the MT-2 or the death metal?
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
get a Digitech DF7.. then you get 7 distortion pedals in one

I love mine. Plus it does cab emulation, so you can plug it straight into your pc for recording. Or straight into speakers (if your out somewhere and no amp is available.)

Or the best use yet, you buy a standard in-car kit for like £5.. then plug it in. Then your mates who are sitting in the back of the car can play guitar It's quite fun. lol.
I second that. The DF-7 owns, it's Boss MT-2 simulation sounds better than the real thing! I love mine. But you really need a power adapter for the DF-7 (A generic 9v one works) cause it goes through batteries almost hourly.
i havent, but does anyone know if the boss MD-2 is any good?

Quote by Beakwithteeth

^The Dime isn't, in my opinion. I played it at the Messe at the Dunlop stand, and even there it didn't sound good.
i got this pedal, i actually like it, it is a bit over the top for rythem (especially for what your playing) but for death/black its pretty mint, and the main reason i use it is for solo's. this thing is awesome for solo's. it sustains really well. if you want a good arch enemy/in flames tone for cheap, this is a good start
B.C. Rich Warlock/Squier Strat/Squier Tele/Godman 5 string active Bass -> Digitech Death Metal -> Dunlop Crybaby -> Marshall MG100DFX
The MD-2 is AWFUL!! it sounds so thin and tinny!! Even the Digi Death Metal is better than it.

Buy a DF7 Then you get... 1) Ibanez tubescreamer 2) DOD Power amp 3) BOSS DS-1 4) Proco Rat 5) Digitech Metal Master 6) Boss Metalzone 7) Big Muff
general rule when buying a guitar pedal is to NEVER EVER buy a pedal with "metal" in the name unless its modded.

get a proco rat or a eh big muff pi and ull be all set
Yea the proco rat is cool. The big muff is great for grunge.. but doesn't suit some styles..

Or, on the other hand.. get a DF7 then you get most of them listed above. lol... ok i'll stop repeating myself! but that's just my opinion.
Quote by HIM%(^
i hvae that pedal and i hate it. the distortion sounds like ****e. gettingit was a waste. now i just use a tubescreamer into a dual rec.

why the fnck would you need a booster for a DUAL RECTO!?!?!

oh and the DF-7 is an AWESOME pedal. and you all know ME, i dont like distortion pedals!
i would look at getting a DF-7 , bu its a bit out of my price range, im looking for something in the £30> zone

Quote by Beakwithteeth

Quote by physalis
general rule when buying a guitar pedal is to NEVER EVER buy a pedal with "metal" in the name unless its modded.

get a proco rat or a eh big muff pi and ull be all set

line 6 uber metal?
Edit: has anyone used the Digitech EX-7 Expression Factory. It is a wah pedal and has the DF-7 Distortion Factory in it too.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Last edited by GnGonzalesjoe at May 13, 2006,