ok my plan is to buy a fender delux hss and put a dimebucker at the bridge and install a floating floydrose. do u think this would sound pretty uniqe? i play metal kinda like down and i love strats. also how hard is it to install a floyd rose?

-thanx
dimebucker=teh crap. tell us your budget and if your gonna install a floyd rose that means your gonna have to take a big piece of wood out of your guitar
my budget is under 2000$ maybe some over but not much i hope. thats what i want can i have them custom make it for me? i was also looking at the yngiwe strat. i really want a bridge humbucker and a floyd rose though. does the dimbucker suck iyo or what?
they have strats wt floyds as u know. cheaper than YM...
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN1134700

u dont have to spend as much as $2000, but if u wanted to, then get a custom strat.
u need to contact customer support thru fender.com

maybe find an authorized dealer. they can pretty much order u anything u want.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
And yeah. The Dimebucker BLOWS. It's ridiculously muddy. If you want a dime tone, try Bill Lawrence L500s.
thanx for the tip. i just want somthign heavy i dont want to copy dime (even though i bought his stompbox) yeah ill probly get a custom strat. but i thought they were ridiculously expensive.

edit: since those floyd rose fenders are so cheap. are they not like. low quality. also do the floyds on there bend both ways?
Last edited by mesametal at May 11, 2006,
well custom strat are really expensive. but u mentioned a 2 grand budget. not sure what u really want to spend.

as for the mexican floyd strat.. i dont know 100% the quality of the floyd in them. probably not "great" but yes they are push and pull floyds, and you were going to swap out the pickups and install a bridge in a strat, so i thought, at least this way the guitar is routed for ur needs / future upgrades.

there are american made strats with Great parts too. im just too lazy to look up the floyd models in made in america strats, but u can probably find a few for around $1,300.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

if you have 2 grand you could just go to a luthier and might as well get a custom strat built for you
Do you have a good tube amp? Before spending that much on a guitar you should get a nice amp to go with it.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
LOCKING TREMOLOS Locking Tremolos -- Intonation and Adjustment for Stratocaster®
There are two types of locking tremolos found on Fender® guitars. The Floyd Rose® tremolo uses a fine-tuning system at the bridge in combination with a locking nut. The American Deluxe locking tremolo is used in combination with an LSR roller nut and locking tuning keys. Though both are locking tremolos, they are strung, intonated, and adjusted a bit differently.

Determine if your bridge is free-floating or flush mounted to the body. If it is free-floating, it is recommended that you place a block or stop-piece under the bridge to prevent the bridge from collapsing when removing strings. It will be necessary for the block to have a soft foam or clothe on the underside to prevent damage to the finish. A tremolo block device can be purchased at your local music store, if you don't want to make one.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0101592764

a nice alternative to floyd.

or if u google american strat, floyd. ull find custom strats, u just have to look thru the sites.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62