1. I have a Fender strat would I have to route anything for it?
2. Is there any tremolos better than floyd or is floyd the origional and best, I know the Edge's are good and Kahler is good (I think). But are there others i should look at?
1 yeh if you want it to be recessed
2 schaller do make some good bridge but the original are still great
1. Yes, you would have to route it out to put that thing in there. Expect about $200-$350 to get someone to do it for you. (add the actual price of the bridge and you can almost get a Ibanez S470 which allready has a decent floyd type trem)

2. Good trems of the double-locking floyd type
Original Floyd Rose and Floyd Rose Pro
Ibanez Edge
Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge
Ibanez Edge Pro (NOT edge III, or edge pro II)
Ibanez ZR
Schaller floyd rose or low profile floyd rose
Gotoh Floyds (who also make the good ibanez ones)

the Kahlers are also good (I believe Slayer swear by them) but they've got some kind of different system
Last edited by seljer at May 11, 2006,
1. You have to route everything according to the tremolo diagram and measurement. Pretty pointless really, as you have to spend more money, ur better off with a new guitar. Plus there arent really a proper way to put a locking nut on ur strat in order for it to be really good.

2. What seljer said.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
1. You have to route everything according to the tremolo diagram and measurement. Pretty pointless really, as you have to spend more money, ur better off with a new guitar. Plus there arent really a proper way to put a locking nut on ur strat in order for it to be really good.

2. What seljer said.

why cant i put a locking nut on a strat? and are there any floyd rose liek systems that fit in a strat without haveting to route? so everyone that put a floyd on a strat had to route it? and which is the best one?
Quote by Rocker8822
why cant i put a locking nut on a strat? and are there any floyd rose liek systems that fit in a strat without haveting to route? so everyone that put a floyd on a strat had to route it? and which is the best one?

you can put a locking nut on strat.

there are no floyd rose like systems that'll fit in there without any routing (you've got that huge hole on the top side where the entire bit with the fine tuners and all that sticks out at the bottom, as well as some more slack in the main cavity so you can move it around more)

as for which is the best: thats up to personal preferences, they all feel a bit different. The ones listed above are all decent and stay in tune well enough.
You wanna put this, on a strat?

It needs drilling at the bottom of neck and requires at least 1 inch on space clearance before the 1st fret for it to fit isnt it? Or do you plan to sand off the 1st fret's edge and fit this in.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 11, 2006,
Quote by madpickin03
You wanna put this, on a strat?

It needs drilling at the bottom of neck and requires at least 1 inch on space clearance before the 1st fret for it to fit isnt it? Or do you plan to sand off the 1st fret's edge and fit this in.

you can place the locking nut behind the regular nut
Isnt the neck curved? and there's the truss rod adjustment screw. Well correct me if im wrong but if you compare both of pictures below, the Floyd Rose Fat Strat has that 1 inch space and followed by the truss rod whereas the normal strat only have the nut followed by the truss rod screw.
Fender Standard Fat Strat with Floyd Rose Tremolo System

Standard Fender Fat Strat
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 11, 2006,
simply dont put a goddamn floyd on a strat.Buy a guitar with one. I dont believe that you will use a floyd with the sound characteristics of a strat.
Really, it is not a good idea. If you want to mod your guitar just for the sake of modding it and having fun, go ahead, but dont get upset when you destroy it.