Persbyn
122 IQ
Just wonder if there are some easy acoustic songs with mostly A and E chords. I find like the C and G chords a bit hard and there are no flow when I play songs with those chords.
Butthead
UG's Cowboy Lumberjack
283 IQ
Tnt by ACDC. It's always fun to play Acdc on acoustics, although I don't really know why.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
G_Dub777
Legalize It!
169 IQ
learn house of the rising sun!! It will help you with your open-end chords a bit!!

Ohterwise ummm.....ten years after-id love to change the world...I dunno?!
Why "Emo"? What the hell are they? A crossbreed between manic depressives and the crow?!LOL!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
No one dies as a virgin. Life f***s us all
johnnytonka
11 IQ
Wee man, make up your own song, like E minor to A major and when you feel capable of something else stick in a G major or a D major.
Make a song up about your friends, the neighbours dog...anything!

Oh and Gibsongod42...you are a **** and i hope you lose some fingers

j
G_Dub777
Legalize It!
169 IQ
Quote by Gibsongod42
you suck stop playing your wasting your time

Let me see here....Last time I checked everyone sucked when they first started...Yea it may be true but don't stop playing it is not a waste of time...This guy is full of SHIT!!! Not to mention an @$$hole!!

EDIT:
Quote by johnnytonka
Oh and Gibsongod42...you are a **** and i hope you lose some fingers

Definitley agree here^^^^^^^^^^I hope you lose all your fingers...KARMA!!
Why "Emo"? What the hell are they? A crossbreed between manic depressives and the crow?!LOL!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
johnnytonka
11 IQ
Gdub777, it is legal and it tastes good, holland IS only good for one thing!!! and always always encourage beginners.

that gibsontit is no doubt in his room watching his parents home movies...nudge nudge

be good all who wish to learn, or if you just to sing about trees i'd go with G to C7

j
Bryan52803
Sold a Hole to a Disaster
210 IQ
Though you should try to play songs you like so that it's motivation to learn more, if this is what you want:

Got you where I want you - The Flys

awesome song, incredibly easy, one of the firsts I learned. Fun to play with a partner!

Bry
Gibson06
bh4j
1,495 IQ
Good Riddance by green day... but really, you should learn more challenging songs
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
zenabi879
133 IQ
Try Neil Young "Down By the River". It's mostly E and A.
Lock up your daughter...Lock up your wife...Lock up your back door....and run for your life
G_Dub777
Legalize It!
169 IQ
Quote by johnnytonka
Gdub777, it is legal and it tastes good, holland IS only good for one thing!!!

^^^^Damn you...but on that note I am only a few hours drive from BC so its all good!!!

Beginners always need encouragement not discouragement by people that can't play themselves....ahem,ahem...gibsongod!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
bushey37
79 IQ
doesn't remind me- audioslave- the main riff in the song is those chords over and over and can be played on acoustic.

But you really should get C and G down. I know you didn't ask but a very good way to learn C, G, and D is with the verses on You Shook Me All Night Long (ac/dc). You'll never get better if you limit yourself to what you can already play.
Gibsongod42
15 IQ
I wouldn't advertise a false premiss it took me a lot of hard work to get where i am in my playing and i'm not on the road constantly because i asked other people what songs would be easy to play alternating between 2 of the easiest chords in the book It takes steadfast dedacation not uh what would be easy to play I have spent years trying to become the best and some day you will see me and know that you will never achieve what I was born to be so **** off im not discouraging him/her I was simply doing what was done to me when someone told me i suck or told me to quit it drove me that much further to prove them wrong look under the surface next time you ****s
jj1565
Officially Knighted
1,715 IQ
^yeah ok sure.

*reported.

this is the basic section. no reason for that kind of attitude.

threadstarter, what type of music do u like?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Sethwick
153 IQ
Put On Your Yarmulka... Its time for Hannukah!
ToysInTheAttic1
But these go to eleven...
1,314 IQ
You Ain't The First - Guns N Roses
Ballad Of John And Yoko - The Beatles
Megan Fox nude!

Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE
outlawgal
124 IQ
Quote by G_Dub777
learn house of the rising sun!! It will help you with your open-end chords a bit!!

Ohterwise ummm.....ten years after-id love to change the world...I dunno?!

I've only been playing for a week now...I play one song--badly. House of the Rising Sun. I'd make it through the whole thing if I didn't have to f (iddle) with "F"

I'm kind of amazed and feel better after joining the forum to see how many folks have trouble with C and G, which I never had any real problem with.

I practice a "G-C-D-D-C-G" change over and over at the beginning and end of each practice session.

I agree with the original poster--learn House of the Rising Sun. Play it badly til your cat hides under the sofa, then play it some more. You'll get that C.
G_Dub777
Legalize It!
169 IQ
Quote by Gibsongod42
I wouldn't advertise a false premiss it took me a lot of hard work to get where i am in my playing and i'm not on the road constantly because i asked other people what songs would be easy to play alternating between 2 of the easiest chords in the book It takes steadfast dedacation not uh what would be easy to play I have spent years trying to become the best and some day you will see me and know that you will never achieve what I was born to be so **** off im not discouraging him/her I was simply doing what was done to me when someone told me i suck or told me to quit it drove me that much further to prove them wrong look under the surface next time you ****s

GibsonGod you have issues bro...go get in a fight with someone who is bigger than you...So they can beat you like I want to... Go tell someone else your pathetic problems and don't bring down the rest of us fellow UGers, especially the beginners.

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
MrFire8808
164 IQ
Things we said today - the beatles..

if I remeber correctly its pretty much A and E.. maybe A minor?
schitz
Handsome Bastard
249 IQ
Quote by Gibsongod42

You = dumb.

Why don't you go back to driving your "tour bus" (aka, mom's Volvo). You're whole attitude is wholly transparent. You probably chose to be a jerk because you don't actually know any songs. Tool.

Threadstarter guy, I'm about to do you a nice turn here to make up for Gibsondouche:

Click ME

Those are some of the first songs that I learned because they have a written section explaining some low-level theory, and .mp3's of the author playing the song so you can hear the rythym. There's more than a couple two chord songs in that collection. when you're ready, try some more complicated stuff from the list--you'll be suprised how quickly you can progress once you get over the "chord change" hump.

Good luck!
cray159
Guitar N00b!
1,271 IQ
heres another website that helped me along my way:
http://guitar.about.com/library/blguitarlessonarchive.htm
they also have easy songs at the end of each lesson to try out.

also staying on the white stripes theme how about:
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground. The Intro is just some easy power chords and the verse is just A,G,C,D, i think .

good luck and stay with it