Hi,

having decided on pickups (Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge, Swineshead Warthog in the neck), i've been looking at putting in some interesting electronic stuff, just to make my guitar project more interesting (I'm gonna build a guitar next year).

I've been having a look at putting one of these in:

http://www.artecsound.com/images/wiring/wiring-E02a.jpg

The one i'm thinking of is the VTB2.

however, I know nothing about doing this sort of thing, and i'm not sure whether it will work/what would be required to get it to work. Do I need to connect it to my pickups at all? Would it work with the pickups I have chosen?

Also, does anyone know if its possible to get a kind of built-in whammy thing? Like a knob I could turn and turning it would raise/lower the pitch? I think Matt Bellamy (Muse) has one of these on some of his guitars...but they're probably pretty expensive. Does anyone know if such a thing exists to be bought, and if so, where from?

Cheers,
shmooty
It looks to me from the diagram that you would only wire from pots and jack to the unit. Your pickups wire to the switch and back of the pots for ground. An interesting addition for sure...though I like the idea of the sound color unit more than the boosters.

As far as a whammy knob, I'm not familiar with that. Brian Setzer gets a similar effect rolling volume up and down...
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
They make pitch benders for keyboards, so I guess you may be able to get one, but I dont know.
Those Artec things are pretty easy to put in, just In, Out, Ground, and 9v+. I have one in my strat, I had a hard job finding somewhere for the battery though.
These go to eleven...