What sort of music do you play? Trem or not? Any particular pickup config you're looking for? Any limitation on body style? There are a ton of good guitars (including the C-1) and some idea of what you want would help.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
how much are you willing to pay? If you want really good guitars, i hear PRS make some quality guitars. I've never actually played one though
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
ok i play nearly all Metallica songs, rolling stones, black sabbath, AC/DC .....and all that stuff
i own the Schecter and i know its a very hot guitar....i like it very much...but i'm looking for a better one now.

price range: between $1000 and 1500
Alot of people might tell you Gibson. I really like ESP's and LTD's. The Viper is a really cool guitar. I think Jackson also makes some good guitars within that range.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
no this guitar is great.....i've played a lot with it
so i just want a new one, wich of course should be a littel better than the old one....got me?
At the quality/price range of the C1 Classic, a better guitar is going to be a matter of preference.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
$1000-$1500, you could get really luck and find a PRS in that range lol. But don't count on it. You've got a little bit of a discrepency in your bands, since one plays with single coils, while the other 3 play with humbuckers. Gibson SG maybe? Or a ESP of some sort. Jacksons are nice too (If your into V and Explorer Shapes)
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Either the RG1570 or Carvin would be great options. I'd consider a Japanese ESP or a US Jackson. You might be able to find a Tom Anderson in that range as well, mmmmm.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by newman13
CARVIN DC400. Custom built to your specs $12-1400.

That'd be my choice, I really want a Carvin.
I have nothing to put in here.
Definitely go Carvin.

Pick one of these guitars and then choose what modifications you want. Bammo Whammo, we have a winner!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ok price could be little over $1500....
wow the Carvin dc400w looks kickass!!!
can you recommend any tom anderson, PRSs or jacksons?
PRS for over $1,500... Standard 24 for metal/hard rock, Standard 22 for classic rock/alt rock/cleans. Either one of those would be under $2,000. The difference is the Standard 24 has 2 very high output PRS pickups, whereas the Standard 22 has the Dragon II series, which are a little more vintage, little sweeter. I have a Standard 24 that I switched out the stock pickups for 2 PRS McCartys and I now have the stock pickups from that in a Strat I modded. You can hear those pickups in my dmusic link below.
Hi, I'm Peter
Can't say. I know that, being in NY, I've had the opportunity to play my guitar before I bought it, something I wouldn't be able to do with a Carvin.

But PRS redefined the way quality control is thought of in the guitar industry. And they're really good instruments. I happen to love mine. Some people think they're overpriced.
Hi, I'm Peter
@dirk
thanks for all that information, it seems that you know your stuff!!!
what do you think of Jackson and tom anderson?
when i first asked for a good guitar in this forum nearly everyone told me to buy a
Schecter C-1!
so is there a uniform opinion for a guitar better than the Schecter?
I've never played a Jackson or a Tom Anderson. I'm not familiar with Tom Anderson and Jacksons just aren't my style. But when they recommended the C-1, that's a good guitar. Schecters are competitive for the price. I'd personally like to get a C-1 classic or the C-1 acoustic electric one of these days -- after I get/build my Tele and pick up a Rickenbacker 360, of course

BTW, the other thing you can do is look for used equipment. Used guitars are not like used cars -- there are no latent defects. If you know what you're looking for/at, you can get a great deal. You could get a $2,000+ new guitar for right around your price range. This guy I used to work for has 11 Les Pauls, all of which are at least Standards (no Studios or cheaper ones). Most of them he got used and didn't pay over $2,000 for. Try out this guy: www.chrisguitars.com For example, right now he has a PRS Custom 22 available for $1,800 used with a hard case. Body's in near mint condition.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at May 12, 2006,
Quote by edg
So, there must be something this guitar can't do that you expect another guitar
to be able to do. Which is what?

Or, do you just want another guitar?

comes from the guy with more guitars than God herself.

threadstarter i think that prs feel like schecters, and if u want something a little more different. Maybe just maybe u should be looking at an HSH, some sort of ibanez with a thin neck, single coil, a little lighter weight.

just a suggestion.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks for all that answers!!!
but can someone recommend any gibson or PRSs, which have a very good cost/performance ratio?