im looking for an overdeive pedal that will cover tones from gary moore blues/rock to metallica without having to buy a multi effects like the boss gt8 or line 6 xtl. any comments appreciated

trigs
i always recommned the metal zone, very tweakable and it gives a good mesa/boogie-ish sound
is the metal zone by boss???? also im looking at a boss me 50 on e bay sont suppoes you know if ts a gig worthy pedal ive read conflicting reviews
i'm not big on multi FX boards because a lot of them sound totally different depending on what they're run thru (head and cab combo) so personally i wouldn't recommend it w/out plugging one into what you're using first, it could sound great, it could sound like total cr@p
just checked the link sounds good will be checking some local stores to try it out

cheers
A bloody Metal Zone won't do blues at all! Well, won't do it good.

What amp are you using?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Nah dude got for the rocktron Metal Planet. It's not as gritty as the boss(for the blues) and the distortion on it is much more of a shearing sound that cuts through the mix. Plus, it's half the price of the boss. It's only 50 bucks.
Why not get a pedal for metal, and get a different pedal that does blues/a bit heavier.

That way you'll be able to get 2 pedals that do all sounds well, rather than get one that does one well, and the rest quite bad *cough*Metal Zone*cough*
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30