I got an acoustic gig coming up (at a church... a Catholic church), and this is my set list so far.

Blackbird - Beatles
Cannon In D (colaboration with piano, i'm doing the riff)
2 Instrumentals (to link Cannon in D to the next song)
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
My Sacrifice - Creed

what'd u think?

Chris
You should finish with "Ain't my bit-CHA!!" or throw in some Tool. Catholics love that. Also, you should have a condom on with no pants. And you should perform a live abortion on stage.
Quote by biffen
You should finish with "Ain't my bit-CHA!!" or throw in some Tool. Catholics love that. Also, you should have a condom on with no pants. And you should perform a live abortion on stage.

Although I did laugh when I read this I thought a serious comment was going to follow it.
Anyways to reply to the question, what kind of crowd are we talking about here?? A lot of old people or some 20-40 year olds?? Also, how does your church feel about certain kinds of music. I'm no Catholic so I don't know how Catholics think.
Don't play Creed, Creed suck. Play Pearl Jam, of whom Creed are an inferior rip-off.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
play the song rocky racoon
"Prepare to eat crap of the highest calibur!" Brilliant words of a brilliant man.

"when TransAms ruled the highways and mustaches carried magic. "
Looks good to me, so I shan't add anymore. But take note that a 'canon' is a form of composition style while a 'cannon' is a weapon powered by gunpowder.
George Harrison
Seriously
1. he has a lot of God worship song
2. he is a beatles

1. My Sweet Lord
2. Beware of Darkness
3. Awaiting on you all

those are good songs if not modify songs like Cartman

If they like instrumental, for me your on your own cause I would recommend Vai but some Eric Johnson may work.
Do some of Cartman's songs!

"I wanna feel his salvation all over my face!"

..j/k.. but.. yeah, they're awesome.
I go to church all the time, and I've been in several different ones. So are you going to do it during mass or just using the place to play in front of people? And why are you choosing a church to play?

If it's in front of people, any kind of music will do, as long as its not related to any satan worship or stuff like that... God would probably lighting bolt you right then and there. I don't think hardcore will be bad, just as long as the priest or servers aren't there, and you know a lot of younger people are going to attend.

But in mass, normally we'd play the traditional "Hallelujah" and "Go Tell It On The Mountain".
"1456"... if you're reading this, you know what the code means, and i mean every word of it.... 1456!!!