In Rose Of Sharyn (Killswitch Engage) the second riff confuses me, how would I place my fingers to play this, is it the first on the 5, then the second on the 6 and the little finger arching over to do the 8 on the low E string...

C-----------------------------------------------------
G------ 5--7--8-----5--7--8---5--7--8---5--7--8
C-----0--0--0-----0--0--0---8--8--8---5--5--5--
. . . . . . . . . . . .
heres how i would play it

C--------------------------------------------------------------------------
G--------5----7----8-----5----7----8-----5----7----8-----5----7----8
C-----0----0----0-----0----0----0-----8----8----8-----5----5----5---
----------1----2----3-----1----2----3--4-1-4-2-4--3--1-1-1--2-1-3

or just have another guitar or bassist play just those notes on the low c string
Last edited by ready4thebreak at May 11, 2006,
it's just me playing in my house on my own along to guitar pro
so really i have to learn it 'perfectly' to this tab, thank you so far but whatever i do the finger fretting that low C 8 keeps messing up the whole thing

i guess i will practise practise practise!

i've almost got the chorus which seemed impossible all those months ago, its just awkward shapes...then after that i get to the one bit i'm yet to attempt but it looks about as awkward as this!

shouldnt take me more than a few days...
Actually I'd play it more like this:

C--------------------------------------------------------
G---------[color="Green"]5[/COLOR]---[color="Red"]7[/COLOR]---[color="Blue"]8[/COLOR]---[color="Green"]5[/COLOR]---[color="Red"]7[/COLOR]---[color="Blue"]8[/COLOR]----[color="Green"]5[/COLOR]---[color="Magenta"]7[/COLOR]---[color="Blue"]8[/COLOR]----[color="Green"]5[/COLOR]---[color="Red"]7[/COLOR]---[color="Blue"]8[/COLOR]
C-------0---0---0---0---0---0----[color="Red"]8[/COLOR]---[color="Red"]8[/COLOR]---[color="Red"]8[/COLOR]----[color="Green"]5[/COLOR]---[color="Green"]5[/COLOR]---[color="Green"]5[/COLOR]--
Fingers---[color="Green"]1[/COLOR]---[color="Red"]3[/COLOR]---[color="Blue"]4[/COLOR]---[color="Green"]1[/COLOR]---[color="Red"]3[/COLOR]---[color="Blue"]4[/COLOR]--[color="Red"]3[/COLOR]-[color="Green"]1[/COLOR]-[color="Red"]3[/COLOR]-[color="Magenta"]2[/COLOR]-[color="Red"]3[/COLOR]-[color="Blue"]4[/COLOR]--[color="Green"]1[/COLOR]-[color="Green"]1[/COLOR]-[color="Green"]1[/COLOR]-[color="Red"]3[/COLOR]-[color="Green"]1[/COLOR]-[color="Blue"]4[/COLOR]

1 - pointer finger
2 - middle finger
3 - ring finger
4 - pinky
Keen On Disco
Don't up old threads.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje