ok, so my plan has failed for new pickups, as some already know...im buying a Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat...stripping the body and repainting it my own design...and definatly upgrading the pups on it so it sounds half decent...anyway...my original plan was to buy DiMarzio Super Distortion, Fast Track 1 and a Chopper...but i went to a music store today and got them priced and for EACH one it was 160 bucks...so thats like 450 or something then plus tax it came up to over 500 bucks, just for 3 single coil pickups!...but i noticed a set of EMG pickups...not sure if it was a bucker or a single or how many was in the pack...but they were only 60 bucks...i dont remember what model, but could someone recommend some good EMG single coils?...and nothing off ebay or anything cause i cant order off the internet...but i play heavy metal, shred, rock, and sorta blues but not really...i dont play much acoustic so if they dont have a perfect clean sound then thats ok...but can someone recomend me something? because i have never tried EMG pups...or Semour Duncan's, wht are some good ones from them that suit my style?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

If you play metal, you'll want a humbucker in the bridge at least.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
well this guitar is more for a classic rock and hendrix style playing, plus...Glenn Tipton played with a single coil strat and Priest rules...so what are some recomendations?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by hoobariffer87
If you play metal, you'll want a humbucker in the bridge at least.

he has a strat with 3 SC pickups so he cant get a humbucker! but check out the emg website www.emginc.com they have samples clips of all their pickups so u can give them a listen to see which ones you like best
^**** i forgot to menion, my stupid comupter sucks and wont play those files, i already tried...so im going ot have to base it on opinions pretty much.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Well i have an EMG-S and its sounds wicked for cleans, but for distortion for me its hard to tell cause i compare it with my emg81 and thats just not fair! check out www.harmonycentral.com they have USER reviews of alot of gear u can check out. good luck!
Quote by metal_hed
he has a strat with 3 SC pickups so he cant get a humbucker! but check out the emg website www.emginc.com they have samples clips of all their pickups so u can give them a listen to see which ones you like best

They make stacked humbuckers these days just for that prupose

I've never heard EMG single-coils' cleans. I know the humbuckers' cleans are pretty sterile.
Quote by franz.d.
What to change the band name? No way!! We have a kick-ass logo of a washing machine eating guitars and everything!!

Quote by elvenkindje
Lol, when I'm bored I'm gonna try that with regular dice! If I'm famous I'll thank you for it
OH guys, i think i might have found it, house is the EMG-S series?...looks pretty good..
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn