doesna nyone know what wood these bodies are made out of?...all it says on any website is "solid Body"...is that good?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

soild body?

heres a tip if it dosent say what type of wood it is im guessing its like cork board lol
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
^^ what the hell??

anyways, the wood quality isnt good if they dont tell you what it is. Price is also a pretty good indicator of what its made of
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
Quote by Autumn Shadows
the white bunny is fat

i may be fat but i could still most likely lose my foot in your ass you little punk ass kid
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
My friend owns one and I believe the wood is maple.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Quote by Shredding Sam
My friend owns one and I believe the wood is maple.

Solid maple? I don't think they make guitars out of solid maple. Unless it has a maple top and the rest is agathis or something. Are you a DIY guy? If so, sand it down and find out!
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
^ im not quite sure what DIY means, but yeah im going to get it for 199.99 brand new...and sand it down, re-do the paint in an awesome design (black and white zebra type thing) and put new pups
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

It really is a beautiful guitar if you adjust somethings. I love the translusent blue finish with the white pickguard!
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
^ im not quite sure what DIY means, but yeah im going to get it for 199.99 brand new...and sand it down, re-do the paint in an awesome design (black and white zebra type thing) and put new pups

DIY- Do-it-yourself(er)

If it is $200 brand new, it may be made of alder, but it is probably plywood or agathis. Maybe you should save up for a mexican strat? They customize nice, I hear.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
MY first guess would be plywood or some really low end alder or agathis.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^ thing is, mexican strats still retail for about 550 canadian...and i cant afford that...but for 300 canadian...i think its a good enough deal...and im new to modding anything, so if i screw up a cheap guitar, i wont lose too much sleep over it..but if i screwed up on a remotley good guitar like a fender strat even if it is made in mexico, i would breakdown and attack the world.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I think bang for the buck it's probably worth it. You can always do small upgrades through the course of owning it.

Tuners may be the first upgrade.
oh, it's not solid maple, it's a generic wood with a maple top.
^yeah that was my plan, upgrade tuners, paintjob, pickups and probably the pickguard
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

NOOOOO Jay Turser guitars!!

I bought a nice-looking black acoustic JT guitar on ebay a couple years ago. I only liked it cuz it had a gorgeous pearloid eagle-shaped soundhole (it really does look incredible). But the wood is thin... I mean THIN. I'm pretty sure that any $200 Yamaha acoutsic would sound better than it. And the electronics have never worked, which is especially frustrating since no shop will attempt to replace it since it's impossible to get in through the soundhole cuz its so fragile and tiny. Bascially I got screwed.

I know yours isnt an acoustic, but the point is relevant. Jay Tursers are cheap, poorly made, imitation guitars that EVERYONE should avoid. I mean, sh*t, music shops refuse to carry them. You know a company sucks when even Guitar Center wont sell it

edit: They use plywood in their strats, btw. Their "vintage voiced" strat copies are pretty much the same as Squires. Except you at least know that Squire's will work when you plug them in.
Last edited by SuburbanCowboy at May 12, 2006,
^uhh just cause your acoustic sucks dick doesnt mean that this electric does too...i played it and it plays nice, and im pretty sure its not made of plywood, and its not poorly made, its perfect condition, even better than when i bought my G-400 brand new...so stfu n00b.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
^uhh just cause your acoustic sucks dick doesnt mean that this electric does too...i played it and it plays nice, and im pretty sure its not made of plywood, and its not poorly made, its perfect condition, even better than when i bought my G-400 brand new...so stfu n00b.

You know what then? BUY IT! I want you to. I was trying to help you by warning you about this crappy company! Why else did you post this?

And YES.. they ARE made of plywood. There's a reason why they're so cheap and they never mention exactly what wood they use. Get a clue, dude.

Bring it to any luthier after you buy it. After he stops laughing at you, maybe you could ask him where the nearest dumpster is.

edit: I see you're from New Brunswick. Well if thats in NJ, its right near me. Bring your guitar to the Guitar Center on RT 18. Ask them how much they will pay you for it. When they laugh and say NOTHING, maybe you'll start to realize...
Last edited by SuburbanCowboy at May 12, 2006,
than why is everyone saying its alder and other wood substances?...and by the way, calm the f.uck down, christ.

edit, not new brunswick near you, im in canada
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
than why is everyone saying its alder and other wood substances?...and by the way, calm the f.uck down, christ.

edit, not new brunswick near you, im in canada

They're all just guessing. None of them actually know. And I'm totally calm, btw. I'm trying to help you avoid a bad purchase.

When I brought my acoustic to the shop, they explained to me how mine was made of plywood. They also said they've had a few JT's come into the shop in the last few years. They were all bought by young people who didnt know any better. The owner explained that JT sells cheap guitars because they spend all the money and effort on finishes and cosmetics (they do make some beautiful-lookin models), but they put the cheapest woods possible in their instruments.

I know it seems like a great deal for a cheap vintage strat. But there's a reason why it seems too good to be true... because it is.
yeah, but oh well, its just a **** strat that i wanted to mod so even if the body is still a piece of ****...i will still enjoy playing it because i wont know any better because i have never played a strat with modded pickups before...so i will mod these pups and probably not know a difference...but i guess i wont find out how bad it really is until i get it, and i cant afford abnything better because if i buy an expensive guitar...my parets wont let me touch it cause i might ruin it...but a cheap guitar they dont have a problem with, (plus money is a factor here)
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by SuburbanCowboy
I see you're from New Brunswick. Well if thats in NJ, its right near me. Bring your guitar to the Guitar Center on RT 18. Ask them how much they will pay you for it. When they laugh and say NOTHING, maybe you'll start to realize...

HAHAHAHAHA!

and buy the way, I own a Jay Tursor Vintage Strat, and It isnt a bad guitar. Its not a good guitar, but not a bad one. Much better than a squire, and with some redoing it would make a very good guitar.
awesome, oh and by the way, when i said 300 i actually meant 200...my bad.

EDIT!! ZOMGZ theres my city!!!!1 Bathurst is a ****ty town i live in...its on the map that guy showed awhile ago
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

You've played it and no one in this thread has. Your opinion > our opinions. Screw us.
Quote by John Mayer

UG 83
Pictures can't tell you how it feels or sounds.

If it feels good, sounds good... Then why even ask?
Quote by auranos
Solid maple? I don't think they make guitars out of solid maple. Unless it has a maple top and the rest is agathis or something. Are you a DIY guy? If so, sand it down and find out!

Quote by Chazzy29
Jay Turser Strat.

whoah, what model is that!?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^Most likely JT-300.

I own a JT-300(strat) and it is a great guitar, it was my first electric and I still play it when I want a nice classic rock or clean tone. The stock pups aren't that good for distortion, but they give you a really good clean tone, you should replace the pups if you want a nice metal, tone. I'm not sure what the wood is made of, but I'm sure it's not plywood, it seems more like agathis or alder. and to top it off, it's beautiful, I have it in translusent blue and it's awsome the pics the guy posted are accurate on it's beauty.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Hey, I just noticed you stole aMeRiCaNsTrAt21's avatar!
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
^ i didnt steal it....i asked theguitarist one day just for any random avatar and he said he just made that one in my display so i took it
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Hmm, then I guess he stole it from you!
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by che_davis

I stand corrected.
Quote by John Mayer

UG 83