I just puchased a G&L Legacy, haven't heard much about them so they are pretty new to me. I was wondering what are signs of cheap pickups or signs of pickups going bad? Easy on the n00b
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
If that's a genuine G&L Legacy, you won't have to worry about the pickups being bad. They may have lower output than you like but they'll have nice strat tone.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
is it an american G&L........if so youve got one hell of a guitar......my guitar teacher plays 2 american G&L's and those things are amazing
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by Mudder
If that's a genuine G&L Legacy, you won't have to worry about the pickups being bad. They may have lower output than you like but they'll have nice strat tone.

What would make it a non-genuine G&L, as far as I know it's a genuine G&L
Quote by V12prowler
is it an american G&L........if so youve got one hell of a guitar......my guitar teacher plays 2 american G&L's and those things are amazing

I don't think mine is american, I can't remember where it was made, but I don't think it was american.

The reason I ask if I didn't know if it was worth to change the pickups out for something different. I'm pretty new to guitars so I am learning, but it has a nice tone to it.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Im kinda like that. I dont really have to much of an ear for "tone" yet. Like I can tell when something sounds nicer than something else but im not huge on tone, if it doesnt bother you, why spend money changing something you dont care about.
Legacy's are NOT made in America.

I usually go by if the pups sound bad or hum they are bad
Quote by Cmogi10
Legacy's are NOT made in America.

I usually go by if the pups sound bad or hum they are bad

Almost every kind of single coils hum, except for the noiseless variety. I have SD 1/4 pound pickups in my guitar and they are quite good, and still hum.
Being a strat-a-holic I am very aware of that, I ment more of the microphonic and excessive humming.
thanks for all your help guys
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro