I was intending on going out and buying a guitar but i want an opinion on whether a Epiphone Les Paul Standard or a gibson sg Classic i play just about 2 or 3 songs from punk,metal,classic rock,Blues,Death metal,80's hair metal,and lastly phycadelic rock so witch would be better?
At the end of the day, a Gibson is always gonna beat an epiphone, so I'd probably go for the Gibson. Most, but not all, Epiphones are poorer models of Gibsons as Gibson owns epiphone
MOST was the key word there, Any Elitist will kick the **** out of that SG!! And it will cost around the same in store because it says Epiphone on it. Try the Elitist series.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
MOST was the key word there, Any Elitist will kick the **** out of that SG!! And it will cost around the same in store because it says Epiphone on it. Try the Elitist series.

/\ seconded

Id go with an Epi Les Paul Elitist and maybe a pickup change to better suit your style.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
In the end you've at least a peak at the guitar either way.
Then I'd choose the guitar which sound you prefer.

Furthermore it's up to you how much money you'd like to spend for a new instrument. There's a big difference between a normal Epiphone (not Elitist) and a Gibson.

But I totally hook up with my previous speakers, an Elitist is a great choice

So go in a music store and test as much guitars as possible

p.s. sry if I've a few mistakes in my post, as you can read I'm a german guy who just want to improve his english and I think this is a good opportunity to do so and additionally I can aid other musicians.

So far