hey, I need to get a stompbox effect... I play classic rock (check my avatar for more detailed music taste ) and I want to know which is a better sounding stompbox, and which one is worth the money:

Boss SD-1 Overdrive
or the
MXR M-104 Distortion +

(I'm having a tough choice because Randy Rhoads played the MXR and EVH played the Boss )
Quote by Aftter-Forever
DISTORTION!
overdrive is for pussies.

so i guess SRV, hendrix, and page were all pussies hm?
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
SRV WAS a pussy, cant even handle .18's....
twas a joke...geez dont take things seriously and jump off a bridge
Last edited by Aftter-Forever at May 11, 2006,
Quote by Aftter-Forever
DISTORTION!
overdrive is for pussies.

Simply amazing.
If everyone liked what I did, I probably wouldn't be playing anything of depth.

—Joshua Redman
i would personally take the SD-1...i mean think of those bands, and most all classic rock bands, who truly played with distortion (like Metal Gain HIGH) its not necessary and i personally like the OD better
alright...

let me start off buy saying I've discredited all of Aftter-Forever's suggestion as he is a meth user and a dickhead.

I'm leaning towards the overdrive because I'm playing classic rock-type stuff on a transtube 80-watt solid state peavey... I'm thinking the overdrive is more versatile because I can get distortion out of it buy just turning on the amp gain
i also have a transtube amp, and for classic rock, like ac/dc type stuff, i would suggest the boss ds-1 pedal. its not great, but good for crunchy stuff like angus young, also can be used for ozzy type stuff, but not that black sabbath dist. .... and i bought mine for 40 bucks
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by Aftter-Forever
SRV WAS a pussy, cant even handle .18's....
twas a joke...geez dont take things seriously and jump off a bridge

SRV is a better guitar player than you will ever be.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95