Im wondering which guitars that arent above 600 dollars have single coils and humbuckers so they can suit my styles from blues to metal? I was looking at the fender fat strat. But the body the body is poplar which im weary about.

Thanks.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Get one with a different body then! There's plenty of strat style guitars to cover all options.
Don't get a Fender, IMO Fenders suck ass. Get an Ibanez RG370DX, the stock pickups suck so I'd change them to DiMarzio's. It has a middle single coil and the bridge pickup is a humbucker and the bridge pickup is also a humbucker. It has a floating tremolo and 24 frets, all you really would need (Floating tremolos are a pain in the ass to change the strings though).
Fender Fat Strat is the way to go. Better wood will cost you more btw.
dont get what you were talking about the strats that worried you but why dont you check out some schecters cause they have coil tapping which turns the humbuckers to single coil. Im currently saving up for a C-1 Plus in tabacco sunburst
Quote by AznInvazn666
Don't get a Fender, IMO Fenders suck ass. Get an Ibanez RG370DX, the stock pickups suck so I'd change them to DiMarzio's. It has a middle single coil and the bridge pickup is a humbucker and the bridge pickup is also a humbucker. It has a floating tremolo and 24 frets, all you really would need (Floating tremolos are a pain in the ass to change the strings though).

I want to get something that has decent stock pickups so I dont have to upgrade for a while.
Edit: Can humbuckers do blues well?
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Last edited by The Iron Man at May 11, 2006,
Quote by The Iron Man
I want to get something that has decent stock pickups so I dont have to upgrade for a while.
Edit: Can humbuckers do blues well?

Then you should get a Schecter. No_Seatbelt, Ibanez stock pups suck and he says he doesn't want to upgrade for a while. I don't know if humbuckers can do blues well. I suggest an H/S/H configuration though.
Just get the Fat Strat. Their great for what you wanna do with it. I would upgrade the pickups. But since you dont want to they will be fine for now.

I hate floating tremolos, They dont stay in tune.
Can humbuckers do blues well? Ask Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton - or anyone with an ES-335. It does depend on what sort of blues you mean, but yes, humbuckers are great for blues.
Because I really wanted an epiphone SG or an epiphone les paul but I wasnt sure if the humbuckers in them could do blues well.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Check out the Brian Moore I1, HSH setup with coil taps, pretty damn versatile if you ask me.
Look for an Epiphone Les Paul or one of the more expensive Agile guitars. They should get the job done for you.

Agiles can be ordered here.

The bad thing is, I'm pretty sure you can only get Agiles in the continental US. You'll have to have somebody else confirm that though.
^ continental US only, wide known fact here. Epiphone has a bunch of guitars for you to look at.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Blues has nothing to do with guitar, or tone.. its all player and all heart, my guitar has humbuckers and I play plenty of blues... Single coils do have a wonderful warm tone for it.. but humbuckers sound amazing clean (and thus amazing on a slightly overdriven clean channel on a tube amp... mmmmmmm)