Well, I wrote on my guitar with a sharpie and it started wearing off. Can anyone give me a solution to keep the writing on it permanently on without having to sand it down? (my guitar has a glossy/mirror black finish)

thank you in advance for any helpful posts
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
idk what its called but theres this spray you can spray over stuff to make it stay
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Your pretty much going to have to sand it down if you want it to stay there, and why the hell would you want to put marker on a guitar anways? Sounds like a dumbass thing to do to me but hey it's your guitar do what you want with it.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
You could always touch it up again then spray another coat of colourless varnish over it.
Bring back Tabo
..stupid question, but should the varnish be matte or gloss?
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

yeah, i'd go with a marker that's a bit stronger than a sharpie. if you start to feel stupider as soon as you take the cap off, it's good. well not the getting stupider part, but the marker's good. in the sense that it will work. anyways, yeah do that and then cover it with a thin coat of cellulose nitrate, should work, but it may end up a little bumpy. then you'd have to sand it down to get it smooth, but if you wanted it nice you'd have to do the whole guitar, which is just rediculous. the best option would be to sand it down, write on it (i'd use a sharpie in this case cause they write nicely, and they're cheap) then fill the sanded area with NC laquer, sand smooth and buff. it's rather like fixing a dent in a car with some bondo. though i wouldn't take your guitar to a body shop, they're never very careful with anything, absolute hack jobs...

Edit:
Just curious, what did you write on it?
my friend wrote some random crap on it and I actually liked it. I don't want to do anything drastic to the guitar, since I'd have no idea what I'm doing.

does anyone know if there's a white/silver version of the marker you're talking about, and what it's called?
Quote by bassmo_part2

Someone mentioned nail polish, great idea!! Write on your guitar with sharpie then use clear polish over the writing. It'll come off if you want to clean it up but won't wear off nearly as soon.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Go to an art store, they might have what colours your looking for and are permanite.
I ahve some silver/gold peromenate markers.
they also make paint markers, the only downside is: it's on there pretty much forever unless you sand it off
thanks for the help guys. I think I'll take Mudder's advice and paint over the writing with some clear nailpolish.

seriously, thanks for the help guys!
Quote by bassmo_part2