does anyone know of a good solid light guitar thats cheap and has ok sound (its ok if it needs modifying) please help
low-end ESP or Ibanez is all i can think of... and they prolly need modifying, but if ur willing to spend on modifying ur better off getting a mid priced guitar that needs no modifications..
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
and look on ebay if you find a guitar you want, chances are ull find one used, modified, and cheap too!
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
The Jackson SLSMG Soloist is a really light, thin guitar...A little spendy though...
Ibanez S470 or look for an older S540 on ebay (make sure it has a Lo-Pro bridge though and not a TRS, as they were made with ****ty metal)
Gibson/Epiphone SG.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
you don't need a light guitar, im sick of all this "that guitars far too heavy, a strat is much lighter" crap 'cause its just not true at all.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
yeah i agree with archerthevman u really dont need an extremely light guitar as long as it sounds good...but ibanez is pretty light and makes great guitars
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Firebird (joking). Yah, light guitars will sound different than heavier ones. If you like the sound that's all that matters, you get used to the weight.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
Firebird (joking). Yah, light guitars will sound different than heavier ones. If you like the sound that's all that matters, you get used to the weight.

:O Firebirds are equal to like 3 Les Pauls in weight.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
The S series from Ibanez are very thin and light, my S520ex sounds and plays great but it adds up to over $700 with the pickup swap I did.

How much are you willing to spend?
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Yeah, how much is "not too much?"
member #14 of the club! PM Gabel to join

Martha Stewart for UG President '06
Fenders can be extremely light, if you can get used to the smaller scale of the mustang, mine is extremely light.
Even though you say Gibson is the only way to go, their guitars can be extremely heavy at times.

But for some of your bands listed in your profile, I think a mustang (or perhaps a cyclone, virtually a re-issued modern mustang) would do you well, check them out.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
The lightest guitar I ever held was a Gibson SG special.

Really, weight shouldn't be a factor anywhere near as much as feeling.
ibanez are wicked light
made of basswood
try a cheap rg
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Lightest guitar I've played:

Gibson SG. I was really surprised how light it was.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
get a Yamaha. if you dont like them, try ibanez, aria, ariaproII, SGs, strats, or teles.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group