I'm going to try and build a bass guitar from scratch but i need the demensions for wood sizes and what else i would need and i was wondering if somebody could possibly help me out on it. the guitar i'm looking to build is an ESP and heres a picture of the guitar.
that the best picture i could find for now but it won't be black it will mostliky be black cherry colored.

If anyone could help me out it would be most appreciated.

-`S3mP3rF1`
I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but if you've never had experience in luthiery, it might be wiser (and cheaper) to just but the bass, until you get some experience.
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
Quote by semperfi

-`S3mP3rF1`

Wow, your signature thing is retarded...way to go! You look like an idiot!

As for size, etc. go to a music shop and trace out the bodies.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Easyest way to get the size is to get something on the guitar that you know is a definite size like the scale length, if its in inches convert it too MM. Then you then measure the scale length on the picture, divide this number into the real scale length and then to get to the real size times any measurement on the picture by the number you just got.

To get the curves right you can draw out a bassiccentre line first and mark the legth of the body and its width on the paper and then draw several vertical lines and put matching lines on the picture your working from and then measure up to the egde of the body from the centre line and mark it on your vertical line omn your full size drawing then join them up by hand.

As you can see, i suck at explaining things. Hope you understand it.
Official member #3 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join. Luthier's only .
Last edited by givemeaname at May 11, 2006,
as for experience he's a good friend of mine and I've built a few guitars, so we'll be able to do it, we just need the dimensions

Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Wow, your signature thing is retarded...way to go! You look like an idiot!

As for size, etc. go to a music shop and trace out the bodies.

and was that really necissary?
k yeah well i i'm going to do what "givemeaname said so i have the sizes then i'll get back to you.

_semperfi