alright ive always wondered this but never ask it, What is the benefits of having a metronome? I know its for keeping in beat, but when I play along with it, i dont feel like it effects my playing at all.
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
that's becouse you don't know how to use it!

To improove your skills with a MN try a simple riff (5 notes max). At first set the MN very slow, and on each beat play all those 5 notes....then speed it up
If your timing is good it won't help that much; if your timing sucks though it does a great deal.
Quote by hobo467
If your timing is good it won't help that much; if your timing sucks though it does a great deal.

That's not all a metronome is good for. It can be used to track your progress while you practice. You can start playing a difficult riff or lick at a very slow tempo, then as you perfect it, gradually increase the tempo by small increments. You'll radically increase your speed and precision than if you just tried playing it fast from the begining.
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

yeah, a mn will help with timing and speed...

when i play with one i try to become so insynch with the mn that i can't hear it and i can only hear my guitar, (while not playing loud)
even virtuosos use a metronome during concerts...(did paul gilbert use a metronome in guitar wars?was that what the headset was for)....