Simple question: is there a RR model around the 1000$ range that doesn't have a pickguard?
Aside the Alexi Laiho signature, I haven't seen any.
Quote by madpickin03
"I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
"Do you want fries with that sir?"
"No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
Yes they are, but getting one to ship in Canada would cost way more than what I'm ready to spend, unless you know a way.
So I guess to only way to get one of these is custom right...any luthiers in Quebec?
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
and then the fact that who your gonna buy the esp off. anyway i think on ebay their is a shop called katana guitars(sp?) and they carry edward guitars and theyre quality build is in between ltd deluxe and esp standard models. so try and get one off them
Quote by TillDeath
Yes they are, but getting one to ship in Canada would cost way more than what I'm ready to spend, unless you know a way.
So I guess to only way to get one of these is custom right...any luthiers in Quebec?

I'm not sure you could find a luthier that would build a custom V for $1000. That's really not a whole lot of money for a custom guitar.

The only RR-shaped V I know of at the moment (other than the Laiho sig) is the Kramer V. But it's not exactly a high quality guitar, so I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^I'm looking for a pretty high quality guitar. Not a low-end Jackson.

I know I won't be able to get a custom for that price, I was just getting my hopes up . So I guess I'll have to go with the Laiho sig, anyone have any experience with it? I heard passive EMGs suck big time.
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
yeh the passives arent that great but you could replace them now onto the next question what is your current amp
No, the EMG H-4's don't suck. I played the guitar and it was amazing.

However, you might wanna get the ESP SV Standard as it is a lot cheaper and has the same shape.
^ Exactly, unless ESP dealers are allowed to order some in.
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yeh but who carrys japanese esp models in the us

Who cares? I'm in Finland! ESP Japan > ESP USA
Quote by Stratwizard

That is common knowledge...well almost. Gah, I hate being in America, why can't I just have been born in Japan like everyone else
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
IMO, there's nothing wrong with the EMG-HZ H4 pickup. Yeah, it's not an EMG 81, and that's what everyone is expecting out of it all the time. It's not a bad pickup, just different. Hey, Alexi uses them on his high end guitars, so they can't be total shìt.

Quote by Stratwizard

All ESPs are from Japan. No ESPs are made in the USA. They just don't have all the models available to all countries because of patent issues with body shapes and such. That's why they have separate sites for USA and Japan.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
azn_guitarist: Could you give me a link to the Katana Guitar store you mentionned? Preferably to the page with the SV. I've tried to find but I haven't come across it.
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
A whole bunch of jackson's "Jackson stars" thing (japanese division of jackson) RR's lack pickguards.
Quote by Crunchmeister
IMO, there's nothing wrong with the EMG-HZ H4 pickup. Yeah, it's not an EMG 81, and that's what everyone is expecting out of it all the time. It's not a bad pickup, just different. Hey, Alexi uses them on his high end guitars, so they can't be total shìt.

All ESPs are from Japan. No ESPs are made in the USA. They just don't have all the models available to all countries because of patent issues with body shapes and such. That's why they have separate sites for USA and Japan.

yeah an his sig guitar also comes with a gain booster too
^
:O

Very fine indeed.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
Quote by Stratwizard
This is the Jackson's Japanese made guitars site:

http://www.jacksonstars.com/top.html

Some fine guitars there!

Mmm...Jacksons
Anyway, I went to the store today and realized that the RR5 looks much better in person . They didn't have the Laiho sig though so I didn't get to try it out. But I have played an EC-1000 in vintage black: most awesome sound EVER. Well, after the RR5
Quote by madpickin03

Quote by chevellerox2005

^
eh ec-1000 wait til you try some of their standard series models and as for the alexi laiho sig if you could get the japanese custom shop sig models you will never ever need to get another guitar again
Quote by TillDeath
Anyway, I went to the store today and realized that the RR5 looks much better in person .

indeed

(I own one)

fantastic guitar, don't let the pickguard stop you