So after 3 years of playing, my guitar is rusting on the bridge and bridge pick-up ring.
Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening to my other guitars?
Would some WD-40 work?

THANKS
Shouldn't you be playing guitar?!
Last edited by phycholove421 at May 11, 2006,
Where is it rusting at? I've never seen a guitar rust anywhere before.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Stop Messin'
Where is it rusting at? I've never seen a guitar rust anywhere before.

The hardware. It's on the Bridge and bridge pick-up ring.
maybe u should clean it or somethin...also if u have a cut on your finger the blood can make strings rust so idk if u got any blood on ur bridge or not but anyway just clean it every so often to keep it in good condition
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
don't spray DW-40 on the guitar... it could leave a greasy, sticky finish over the top of the guitar body.
As for the rusting hardware... you either has a cheap metal (comes with a cheap guitar), really acidic fingers, or leave the guitar in a humid place, causing it to rust easier.
try to replace the parts if the corrotion is really bad...
Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
Quote by ludachris0606
don't spray DW-40 on the guitar... it could leave a greasy, sticky finish over the top of the guitar body.
As for the rusting hardware... you either has a cheap metal (comes with a cheap guitar), really acidic fingers, or leave the guitar in a humid place, causing it to rust easier.
try to replace the parts if the corrotion is really bad...

cheap guitar... I love it to death though.
Do not use WD40. It may let stuck things come loose but actually will cause more corrosion later.

Take off the rusted parts and use a dremel with a wire brush attachment to clean off the old rust. Reinstall and use a clean cotton cloth to keep your guitar clean. If you were really retentive about it you could apply a small amount of gun oil to the metal parts. Repeat, small amount.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.