what do i need to do?? when i play some lead or do any behding it slips out of tune.
what kind of Les Paul?? Cause it might be cheap tuners, or it might be strung incorrectly.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
is it an epiphone?
Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
nope it's a 77 gibson les paul original! in near mint condition too. i think the tuning keys may need to be tightened but i'm not sure??
tighten the screws and nuts on your tuners and make sure you string correctly with no overlaps around the posts.
maybe its somethin with your strings...also guitars dont stay in tune forever u may just have to retune it
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
if you just changed the string also, you might need to stretch them out first so they can stay in tune for lead.
Otherwise, check the tuners themself, and see if the string is tightly wound in the posts.
Later in the evenin, as you lie awake in bed, hear the echoes of the amplifiers ringin' in your head, smoke the days last cigarette rememberin' what she said...
If none of that stuff works you could switch to locking tuners. Keep your original ones if you do, just in case you decide to sell it.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
as soon as i tune it up and play a little it is out of tune again. especially if i bend any.
Quote by Mudder
If none of that stuff works you could switch to locking tuners. Keep your original ones if you do, just in case you decide to sell it.

deffinately keep the original parts... especially that your guitars a vintage les paul, the value will be more with the original parts.
Quote by ludachris0606
if you just changed the string also, you might need to stretch them out first so they can stay in tune for lead.

Stretch them again every month or so.
thanks for the advice but i'm never getting rid of it man... i mean why would i??
Quote by gwitersnamps
Stretch them again every month or so.

strings should be changed every month or so.
stretch them wen ur tunin it and tune it ofen trust me itl help a lot i busted a string befor a show so i strecht the s**t out of it and then tuned it w/ a tuner and got by prety wel
i don't know how to start a new thread but this was the closest thing for what i wanted ask does it hurt the neck on a gibson les paul if you down tune?