ok for my new rig i will have between 2500 and 2 grand to spend. and so far i will already spend betwenn 900 and 1000 on a jcm 900. so the rest of the cash will fo towards extra stuff. heres what i will need.

a cab, cables, picks, pickups, anny thing and everything. i want this to be kick ass, so i nee your help.

pick a cab (4x12)

cables, they need to be long at least 20 feet, and preferb;y one end be angled.

picks (thicker ones at least 1mm, and have good grip, and hard to break)

pickups, good fer rythem but also be able to bust out a solo or two. i was think duncan sh-5 with a duncan 59.

maybe sum pedals u guys recommend. any thng u guys think i would need.

i play My chemical romance, avenged sevenfold, metallica, soad, the used, misfits, trivium, from first to last, turbonegro.

i have and epi les paul custom.
...why do you have so much money to spend yet no idea how to spend it?
You might want to hold on to it a little longer until you figure out what you want.
Besides, maybe you should get a new guitar?
brain picks are good
get a wah pedal
get boss distortion
change your guitar?
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
You can't buy greatness, you have to become greatness.

If you're spending a grand, consider jumping into the upper level of manufacturers...

Instead of thinking about an Epiphone, think about a Gibson. Everything else you can work around, play around with, pick up here and there as you need it.
first pick out the cab. then the rest goes (mostly) to a new guitar, then pickups/pedals/etc.
nice amp choice but seriously spend some money on getting a different guitar i suggest you to take a look at the esp ltd deluxe series theyre great guitars for their price
Do you play live? If not, I don't suggest getting a cab. You really don't need that kind of volume to practice with. I played through my friend's cab when I wanted to buy one and it convinced me that I don't need one. Heck, even if you play live you can mic a nice small amp and it will sound as good as a cab.

Second, are you teh ownz0r at guitar? If not, I suggest buying a nice 30w combo (like a roland cube) and spending the rest on a really nice guitar. Peruse the guitar store and try EVERYTHING out through your amp (or the amp you want to buy). Don't say "Fenders suck" and not try one or something. You may find a gem.

And last, the ultimate rig varies from person to person. The quest for the ultimate rig is a journey that you must make alone, grasshopper.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
ewwww why would you get the elitist les paul, should get the esp ltd ec-1000 w/ seymour duncans
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ewwww why would you get the elitist les paul, should get the esp ltd ec-1000 w/ seymour duncans

The ESP would suite his needs alot better than a traditional Paul. I've only played one, but it sounds much more modern than an LP
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
Quote by ToBeAGooner
pickwise, try Dunlop Jazz III's, I cant even play with a regular sized pick anymore.

i couldn't agree more. some dude at guitar center recommended them to me, especially since i trem pick a crap load. quality quality stuff.
Quote by ToBeAGooner
pickwise, try Dunlop Jazz III's, I cant even play with a regular sized pick anymore.

those rock
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Quote by auranos
Do you play live? If not, I don't suggest getting a cab. You really don't need that kind of volume to practice with. I played through my friend's cab when I wanted to buy one and it convinced me that I don't need one. Heck, even if you play live you can mic a nice small amp and it will sound as good as a cab.

Second, are you teh ownz0r at guitar? If not, I suggest buying a nice 30w combo (like a roland cube) and spending the rest on a really nice guitar.

Firstly, for a metal tone the low end of a 4x12 is the best imo a combo just wont cut it for the ultimate hi gain tones, they rule for blues and stuff like that but for metal you need a bit more low end than a combo can give.
Secondly. It doesnt matter how good he is at guitar... if he can afford a good rig all the power to him.

To threadstarter, the 1960a marshall cabs will work just fine. If your gonna use the halfstack at home i suggest you also get a attenuator which lets you crank the amp at lower levels.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name