The original crybaby? No, its not a good effect. Save up and get a Vox or something, I have a Crybaby and I dispise it, and I wish I would get more than $20 for it if i wanted to sell it, so I am stuck with it.
Hell Ya!

I was just gonna start a thread, but I'll ask in this one...

Difference between the Cry Baby wah and the heavey metal version i.e. Dimebag?
Quote by ToBeAGooner
The original crybaby? No, its not a good effect. Save up and get a Vox or something, I have a Crybaby and I dispise it, and I wish I would get more than $20 for it if i wanted to sell it, so I am stuck with it.

$20 is a good price, maybe SGlover is interested? I paid $99 new for mine
Quote by Chazzy29
$20 is a good price, maybe SGlover is interested? I paid $99 new for mine

You must have got a different model, the original is no more than $70 new.
Quote by ToBeAGooner
You must have got a different model, the original is no more than $70 new.

Jim Dunlop USA GCB-95. I purchased it from the local music store, so I'm sure that I over paid.
What about Classic Crybaby?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
the dimewah is pretty versitle. its got a really wide range that you can shape to you liking. i have one and i love the thing.
Carvin Legacy
Ibanez RG 470 w/Evo's
ESP Viper
Ibanez TS9
MXR Ten-band EQ
MXR Phase 90
MXR Smart-Gate
Boss DD-3
Dime CRybaby from HELL

Microcube
Hmm.. Well, what gear do you have now, whats your budget, what styles do you play? The cheaper models aren't the best, if you get a Cry Baby you should get a 535Q model. If it's out of your budget then I suggest saving up for it, because if you get a cheaper one you'll regret it and end up spending even more to get a good one.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
535Q models are amazing. Get one now!

If it's out of your price range, get a Vox Clyde McCoy Wah - the orginial Wah pedal. If you want prove it's good - you heard Voodoo Child (Slight Return)? There you are then.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Yeah, I hear good things about the Tremonti Power Wah by Morley.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
yeh there was a vid on youtube showing tremonti's rig and i gotta though its really basic its ****ing cool
If you get the basic GCB-95 Dunlop Crybaby, you will probably be dissapointed. It is the cheapest wah, and also one of the worst. However, with a few simple modifications it can sound $100 more expensive. Of course, you need to know how to change the resistors, etc. Check out the "Ultimate Accessories Thread" in the guitar, gear, and accessories forum.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83