Does anyone know what other kinds of music is influenced by Blues. Like i found an article that Metal is somewhat blues influenced.
Listen to Early sabbath, and Led Zeppelin, and the link becomes clear. Some punk bands have also been influenced by Blues - Black Flag, for example.
I don't consider myself a guitarist - I consider myself a saxophonist with a f***ed up horn.
Sonny Sharrock

The Blacklist: People who've posted comments along the lines of "Forget Theory and Just play what You feel"
(almost) all rock is based on fast blues, and a lot of music today is based off rock. therefore everything is based looseley on its predecessors.

Zeppelin, some would argue stole blues.
im a bassist who would love to do a Blues/Metal band, but my friends think im crazy :P

i wanted like 12 bar blues, heavy distortion, more upbeat, agrressive, but still "happy",

think that song by anti flag "drink drank punk" or w.e. thats the only song i know from them.

but a bit more metal.
Quote by mangablade
im a bassist who would love to do a Blues/Metal band, but my friends think im crazy :P

i wanted like 12 bar blues, heavy distortion, more upbeat, agrressive, but still "happy",

think that song by anti flag "drink drank punk" or w.e. thats the only song i know from them.

but a bit more metal.

i wouldnt really call a basic 12 bar "happy". rock music that takes influence from artists in the 60's have an indirect connection to blues. blues influence in rock music really started in teh 60's with guys like clapton, hendrix, the allman brothers, etc. They took the music of robert johnson, howlin wolf, those delta blues guys, and added more instruments, electric guitar, distortion, etc. and from there rock music evolved, and modern music (sadly) is the poor, retarted, neglected child of a once good thing