Ok Im still looking for a decent cab for my 5150 II.
This time im goin to be more specific...
I have a $400.00 refund check that I can only spend at guitar center.
And the only cabs they sell there are:
B-52
Behringer
Crate
Line 6
Marshall
I know I cant get an extremely great cab for just 400.00, but out of these brands of cabs, which would be the best one to get?(Also I play alot of Metal/High gain)
The B-52 cab would probably suit your needs best. $399 for 480W of handling. Thing's a beast.

And see if they'll be nice and take the tax off for you.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Used Marshall 1960a....

Yeah, wait for a used cab to come in from one of the following brands

Marshall
Mesa
Peavey
Orange
Genz Benz
Vader
ENGL
VHT
Bogner.

Now, if you can't get one of those cabs, don't bother. Why? They're all good. I like line6 alright, I'll stick by that, but their cabs are pretty ****. So are marshall's cheap cabs (avt or MG..) Behringer are cheezy as hell and you'll want to get rid of it like mad Crate sound like you threw a blanket over them.

I have no honest idea what to say. Maybe you should just buy something and sell it on ebay as 'brand new' for the retail price... so you have cash. I really don't know what else to say other than for the love of god, don't buy a ****ty cab. It'll really make your tone worthless.
Lol not even the B-52?
Idk I might be able to get a small loan, like an extra 100 bucks. Maybe the guy might cut me a deal on a marshall cab for 500...Ill just have to go talk with them tomarrow.
I mean you really wanna try to get something with v30 speakers, thats the biggest problem with most cheap cabs- they've got cheap speakers. And then construction is an issue, but most people dont have em long enough to find that out.

If you can't get a 4x12 try to get a quality 2x12..
does the marshall 1960A have the V30's?
Last edited by Metal_696 at May 12, 2006,
Quote by Metal_696
does the marshall 1960A have the V30's?

no. but the Marshall 1960AV does. and they make a world of difference.

Greenbacks and V30s are my favorite speakers
Avatarspeakers...they've got some really nice combos, you can choose out your speakers.

And Eminence speakers PWN Celestions...trust me.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Eminence RockDriver Cream *drools*
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Avatarspeakers...they've got some really nice combos, you can choose out your speakers.

What part of "I can only buy at guitar center" didnt you understand? Lol....

But anyway Since Marshall are some of the best make of cabs. Ill try to have one of the guys cut me a deal, maybe if I add an extra hundred dollars or so....
But if all else fails, I guess Ill get the B-52 AT412...Sound good?