i play stuff like metallica, my absolute max budget is £250, and i want a tremblo/whammy.and my amp is a Roland Cube 30. is this guitar good for me?? if not what would you recommend?
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
I wouldn't recommend it, the trem is pretty shoddy and will most likely break after a while. The pickups are pretty average also. Take a look at Schecters, Jacksons and Washburns around your range.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
ok any ibanez or maby esp recomendadtions??
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
no, but i prefer one. i mite get the RG321mh
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
I would avoid the lower end ESP's because they are made of agathis which is an inferior wood to the mahogany in the RG321mh. If you can live without the tremolo the Rg321mh is a good bet, but I couldn't advise you on guitars with trems because I'm not too hot on them.
Quote by metal_fretter
no, but i prefer one. i mite get the RG321mh

go with that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think a Jackson would suit you fine (whichever shape you like, Rhoads, King V, etc.) I forget the low end ones are made out of agathis or not, I don't think they are.
Ibanez RG550.. Save up to £300 mate
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
keep saving up fooo, dont rush it. and as ixion said, save up for one of those, they floating around ebay or your pawn shop or w/e for lower prices than usual (since they're discontinued).

U got to watch out for the sucky bridges, the only ones are the: Edge,Lo-pro edge.
^Don't forget the Edge Pro & the ZR.

But yeah, you really should save up some more, because after you get a guitar in that range you'll just want a better one after.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
^^ true, ok can you advise me on some guitars around £400 for my style.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
^actually a while back i saw a 550 for about $500. it was a 80's model or something from the jap factory. was black with maple fingerboard
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yea but im looking for a brand new guitar really.
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
Quote by metal_fretter
^^ true, ok can you advise me on some guitars around £400 for my style.

washburn x 40 pro ( www.machinehead.co.uk ). Haven't tried, but meant to be good. Has a good spec.

Ibanez rg1570 (about £450/£460): if you change the pickups, awesome.

Ibanez S470 (about £350). Try it thoroughly though, I've heard some horror stories about the quality control. Needs a pickup swap.

Schecter C1 FR (£400). Sound control probably have some of these left. Needs a pickup swap.

Basically, on paper the x40pro is the best, stock. however, it's made in korea (like the s470 and c1fr), while the ibanez rg1570 is japanese. Basically, if you're willing to switch the pickups on the ibanez once you get the cash, I'd go with that.

But it's up to you, and you'd need to try them, just in case you don't like the feel of one or more of those.

But as far as I know, those are the only guitars (new) at your price range, which have decent locking trems.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
dave i dont think schecter make the c-1 fr anymore im thinking it got replaced by the c-1 hellraiser fr
^Two things:

First off, I'm one of those horror stories Dave's heard. I bought an S470, and basically eveything about it was wrong. Incorrectly installed electronics, bad action, low-quality neck/fingerboard woods...

Secondly, I've heard there's no room in the S470's cavity for an EMG battery.
hmmm. so what would you recommend around £350-£400 with a whammy?? that could fit emgs or has decent pick ups??
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
yeh that means you gotta take a chunk of wood out to fit a battery box though i dont what all the fuss is about emg's i reckon they arent that great
^Maybe save another fifty and try to get an RG1570?

There's always good RGs selling in the back of Guitarist magazine, pick one up and check the classifieds in the back.
^ yea i might do that. are the emgs really necesarry. i might not bother about the emgs till later on. whit is the s470 like without them, are they decent sounding or do they sound really awfull?
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
if you want the sound of emg's but without battery hassles go and check out the bareknuckle miracle man it is voiced like a 81 (i hope its that model, where are you dave)
could the EMGs fitted if taken to a guitar technition (or whatver you call em)
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
prices?? to replace all the pickups on the s470 (if the battery will fit)
EDIT: i have a Roland cube 30
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
i dont know where you live and i dont know if you get ripped off by the store so you better go talk to them yourself about it
^ ill leave the pickups till later. so would S470 with my cube sounds pretty decent?
>>Metal_Fretter<<

My gear:
Ibanez S470
Roland cube 30
Boss PW-10 v-wah
Marshall jackhammer
yeh or like said before the rg1570 would do fine as well and the bridge is probably better than the one on the s470
Quote by azn_guitarist25
dave i dont think schecter make the c-1 fr anymore im thinking it got replaced by the c-1 hellraiser fr

yeah, but sound control might have some left. If not, then I doubt the hellraiser will be withing budget.

If you definitely can't go over £400, then I'd probably go with the washburn x40pro. it already has duncans, and a schaller trem. But you need to try it first.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?