Page 1 of 2
ok I just read an article that said that Brownsound, the lead guitarist of Sum41 is gonna leave the band...any1 know if this is true or not?
Man he put a metal edge on thier sound. I dont think Valen-esque solos is Dereks thing
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
its possible they're on a hiatus
where did u read this article?
Quote by sonixon
I'll say.
They were originally going make Claudio a part of Mount Rushmore, but the material was not tough enough to sculpt his hair out of.

Quote by thefinalcut
"St. Anger" was done in Drop Z tuning, they were trying to "out heavy" Slipknot.
I hope not.

I think he's great at what he does.

If he does though, good luck to him. All the best.
I also heard about his...not sure if its true....but man I hope he stays...
Quote by ta too tee
I played with Slash yesterday. It was super cool cuz we played some Nirvana and Britney Spears songs. Good stuff! I also taught him how to play Sweet Child O'Mine
**** HE IS LEAVING!!! Check google new!

NOOOOO!!!!!

in mourning of the recent passing of 'brownsound'.....we raise our sad heads and pick up our guitars....LONG LIVE BROWNSOUND!!! Amen!!!

You can't escape the bitter end
I'm devestated... Sum41 are one of my favorite bands ever and my first ever live concert. Chuck is an unbelieveable album. They can't be the same without him...

It'll be interesting to see what he does. He's a great guitarist so could walk into any band but he might wanna make a solo record or something...

Anyway... I haven't totally lost hope... I'm waiting until it's confirmed by the band...

Long Live Brownsound!!
Flirtini's all round!!
damn he was the best thing about sum 41. ah well.

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
decent enough guitarist.

i bet he'll try and come back in a "metal" band.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
he's a much better guitarist than he often lets on, some Sum songs have some really amazing work by him.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
lol....... Some Sum

ANYWAYS

I don't like him very much so...i'd be fine with him leaving.
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
I think their whole "metallish" thing was lame. They were a decent pop-punk band.
Live fast, die young.
I thought everything they did was lame
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by frodoisdead
decent enough guitarist.

i bet he'll try and come back in a "metal" band.
I was thinking that too.
Damn.. Oh, Sum 41 is an amazing band, although Chuck was too wannabe SOAD..

Could anyone give a link to an article 'bout this?
Did you see the stylish kids in the riot?

Quote by pinheadslts75
I hate AVA. They sound like U2 and Rush getting beat up by Panic at the Fall Out Boy.

:stickpoke
Lyric-wise, they're a lousy band.

They make some really terrific music though, and they were one of the first bands I really got into (and have seen live twice )
Man this sucks. They are one of my favorite bands. Whoever said they are lame lyric-wise is right though. However, Dave was one of the reasons I liked Sum 41. He had some pretty decent guitar parts compared to other pop-punk bands. Also, he had some chops. In "The Bitter End"(aka "Battery") he had some good solos. I'm gonna miss him...
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Shit! Thats absolutely horrible news.. glad I got to see them live over the summer, but I love everything they have done from the poppy to the more metal type stuff. Loved it all, and he had some great original guitar parts. Sum 41 was holding him back and if he wants to pursue other stuff all the best of luck to him.
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
I like Sum41 until they became a cheap ripoff of Metallica and System of a Down

they were better than metallica '92-present. If it was between the loads and st.anger and sum41's catalogue I pick sum41, and I don't really like sum41. I don't really see a resemblance to SOD.
Quote by sonixon
Lyric-wise, they're a lousy band.

They make some really terrific music though, and they were one of the first bands I really got into (and have seen live twice )

Yh lyric wise they were preety lame i Think it was Fat lip where they have the lyric
"We laff wen old people fall" Always gets me going that one
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
meh... im not too sad, sum 41 has sucked as of recently, i did like their old stuff but their new has sucked. well maybe he can go off and start a new band that is better than sum 41, then maybe it will be even worse than sum 41.

idk it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me
They're not going on hiatus. They're actually working on new material according to their online journal on their website which also said nothing about Brownsound leaving.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Haha wow, The Bitter End has both the same riff AND the same vocal melody as Battery by Metallica.

I love Sum, but here's some more rip offs.

"Summer" has nearly identical intro guitar as The Offspring's "Beheaded" and the drums kick in at the same time.

"The Hell Song" and "Still Waiting" Both rip off "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback in certain parts.

"Still Waiting" and "Mr. Amsterdam" both rip off "Dammit I Changed Again" by The Offspring.

"Some Say" is basically "Wonderwall" by Oasis.

Two songs on Chuck rip Linkin Park.

Yet, I still for "sum" reason love Sum 41.
Dang! That totaly sucks!
I'm a big (ish) sum fan and now there lead guitarist is leaving that's a bit of a pile of....
Oh well,....it'll be interesting to see how the other 3 cope without him,...if they continue without him that is!

Haha, and about Some Say being like wonderwall by Oasis, did anybody hear Noel Gallagher's comments about them? Funny!
what the hell do u meen we r here in this world!!! we r proud of what we r!!!! so get used to it
ill kill u

how emo of you

ahahahahaha *dies of hillarity*

I need to lie down

Jesus that took me ages to do ::type
He said that Sum 41 is the worst band in the history of music.
Quote by dain84
He said that Sum 41 is the worst band in the history of music.

Noel Gallagher?

What a hypocrite.
Haha,

He just says these things for controversy now.

Like come on,

He must not know a lot of music if he thinks Sum41 are the worst band ever.

Surely that title should go to... em... someone....

Else....

Help me.
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
Page 1 of 2