Yeah, it's possible to have nylon strings on an acoustic originally made for steel-strings. If you ask around at your local guitar shop, they'll probably have some ball-end nylon strings.

Just be sure not to get the regular nylon strings or else you'll never get them on your acoustic :P (or you can just rig up your own ball-ends...)
Quote by I Hate Music
You can put em on there if you want your guitars neck to curl up like a pubic hair.

Why would that happen?

You could always try it. It might not be comfortable, because of the way that the strings sit on the nut, and the width of the neck.
Quote by jmt
Why would that happen?

I expect that he means that the length of the strings would cause them to be so tight that if one could manage to string them on a standard acoustic, that the neck would break or bend severely.
That's highly improbable, nylon strings are weaker then steel strings, they don't have enough tension to do whatever kahn was talking out. If anything, the truss rod will be fighting against itself to stay straight and start to curve back, but it'll only happen after a couple months/years.
It is possible. A girl at my school put ball end nylons on here standard yamaha.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Quote by I Hate Music
You can put em on there if you want your guitars neck to curl up like a pubic hair.

haha wow I don't know why I found that so funny.

I dunno if it'd make it curl up like pubic hair (although that sounds like what would happen if you put steel strings on a classical), but it does make sense though that it would mess with the neck. I mean, if you think about it... steel strings cause a lot of tension and the neck of a steel string guitar is set up to deal with that. I dunno, but it seems like if you strung it with nylon strings the lack of tension would mess things up. That's why some people only change one string at a time as opposed to taking them all off at once, isn't it?

Yeah, I know... I'm probably just being paranoid... but it really isn't something I'd be willing to find out the hard way.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
i take all the strings off my guitar every two string changes and nothing happens... i wouldnt worry about nylon.
besides... you got an extra guitar i say do it!
"Prepare to eat crap of the highest calibur!" Brilliant words of a brilliant man.

"when TransAms ruled the highways and mustaches carried magic. "
Nylon strings is designed especially for play fingerpicked stuff, that and the wide neck of the classical guitar. With the acoustic guitar will be kind of difficult to play classical stuff even with the nylon strings, however if you're not gonna play classical stuff, i wouldn't recomend you to change strings.
i say try it jsut to see how it works
"Prepare to eat crap of the highest calibur!" Brilliant words of a brilliant man.

At the bequest of a friend, I just put on nylon strings on an acoustic meant for steel strings.

It sounds fine, but it's just a tad harder to play since the nylon strings (strings 1 to 3) are fatter than normal steel strings... so it takes up some space. It's not a big detriment to playing though.
On most guitars, steel strung to tuning puts about 175 pounds of tension on the neck. I doubt nylon will get anywhere near there. In controled humidity and temperature, I doubt you will notice much trouble but I wouldn't leave it propped up anywhere that the neck can make contact with a wall. (Poor guitar treatment anyhow.)
My 0.02 worth.
Doc
Semper Fi! Corpsman Up!
Iraq 2003 1st Marines RCT 1
Gear:
Peavy Briarwood A/E $8 in a Pawn Shop
Martin 3/4 LXM Traveler
Galveston Dobro
ALWAYS CLEARTONE STRINGS!!!
yeah, you need a ball end cause nylons are tied on classy bridges
Quote by Joey Walker
Quote by anaoshak
look at all those knobs, he must have a mean tone.

Bottle caps buddy, they are bottle caps

Quote by Shib
The internet: Men are men, women are men and little girls are FBI agents.
I don't recommend it, the lack of a truss rod in classical and flamenco guitars allows for less tension and the nylon strings to resonate better. If you were to put nylon strings on the more rigid from of an acoustic they will brake easily, and the sound wont be resonant like nylon strings on classical guitars. It's not a major issue, but if you were thinking of trying it, do it, new strings aren't that expensive
...just so long as you never try to fit steel strings on a classical guitar, but that's a different
story
yea i agree with the last comment completely... just do it and rock out