Hey i was just wondering what picks do you use when your shreddin' because i found it hard using normal picks but my friend told me to try it with his 3mm stubby and it was alot easier. So what do you use?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Hard/thick picks lol. It gives greater control.

Edit: My pick is 1mm and I have great control with it. Depends on preference and you need to find a good hard pick. Buy loads of different types. I have atleast 20+ picks.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
i use dunlop tortex purples..... those are what i stick to, they're thick and have no flex at all, i know hammett uses dunlop tortex greens....
Thicker the pick = easier to play for me. I'm no shredder but I've moved from a 0.7mm to a 1mm and I've noticed speed improvemnets.
cool at the moment all i have are loads of fender picks cos i stocked up when i went to new york because it was $3 for 12 which is so cheap

EDIT: i got medium picks by mistake so thats why i find it hard but im going to get some thicker ones tomorrow
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Quote by Sir Edwin CBE
Thicker the pick = easier to play for me. I'm no shredder but I've moved from a 0.7mm to a 1mm and I've noticed speed improvemnets.

Exactly the same for me. Except I've gone up in thickness to a 1.21mm. Far easier to control what I'm doing.
thanks guys i shall get thicker picks
Quote by Virgil_Hart05

Dunlop Jazz III's. I sand them to a point because I use the sharp edge-side of the pick rather than the flat side. It gives me more precise attack.
I was just out at a music thing and met this bassist and asked him if he had any spare thick picks - he gave me a 4mm pick. I'm playing better with that ( I prefer the sound and can hold it easier ).
Use thick picks it helps against fretbuzz, and don't let anyone talk **** about them by saing they break string more easily.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club