If I would get a guitar with a single P-90 pickup, would I be able to get a deeper, darker tone out of it? I've heard p-90's before, but they've always had that sharp crunch to them. Would I be able get different sounds out of it, or would I just have the one tone?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
well I don't think they would do a dark tone... they'll probably sound really cool though, but dark...deep? That calls for a humbucker.
Of course EQ can change quite a lot!
Go with a hummer, P90's aint the way for deep groaning sounds.

If im thinking of the guitar youre thinking about, dont be a noob!
Gibson Les Paul Jr.

I know...Lot's of people hate it and it comes with a "Billie Joe Stigma"

But, it's in my price range, so I figured I'd take a look at it.

Thanks for the replies.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
The P-90 isn't the most versatile pickup, especially if your guitar only comes equipped with 1 pickup. If the P-90 sound is your thing, then go for it. You're pretty much limited to a single tone...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I doubt some of the previous posters have ever played P-90 pickups before. They're a classic pickup for a dark tone.

However, if you're talking about a guitar with only one pickup in the bridge position, then you won't get as deep as sound as you would if the guitar had a neck pickup. The neck position is where the darker tones come from. The bridge position is always brighter, no matter what the pickup is.
Then I think I'll stay away from it. I'd like to get a guitar that's more versatile...I guess I should focus on guitars with humbuckers.

Thanks everyone.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
You're washburn has hummers, i also see you've a MG.

Why not get new pickups for the washburn and get a real amp?
Because my Washburn is made of basswood, which as I've heard is pretty cheap. I'd prefer a nice mahogany guitar with a set mahogany neck. I'm looking into the higher end Agiles as well as some better Gibsons and higher end Washburns.

As for the amp, I just bought it and I like it. I don't know if I got a better quality one or what, but it sounds really good. Plus, I got a good deal on it, so that made it even better. I'm guessing it's one of those rare flukes, like how some MIM Strats can sound as good as MIA Strats.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar