It's amazing. I am loving the low end I can get with the seventh string. Unfortunately the pickups are kind of midsy so I can't get as good a metallica/megadeth tone out of it as I could with my Seymour Duncan JB in my Strat but for everything else it's amazing. Through my Mesa Boogie F-30 I sound just like how Vai sounds on the songs and I can get a great yngwie tone out of the neck pickup too.

It also looks amazing. The Floyd rose tremolo is incredible too.

It was made in japan but that's no big deal. This is better than the Les Paul Standard I played at guitar center than that was another 500 dollars and was a lot heavier and also didn't have a tremolo.

My only complaint besides the midsy tone is the neck. It's smoot and the fretboard is nice but I don't like the back. The back isn't glossed at all it's just wood. It's still fast though but it would be nice if it was glossed like my American Strat's neck was then it would be a lot faster.

It's also kind of expensive for a bolt on neck guitar. Even though it's bolt on it sustains more than my Set Neck SG standard did.

Anyway if you play Vai/Malmsteen/Metal get this. It's a bit midsy but oh well.
Quote by Ihearthetfield
It's amazing. I am loving the low end I can get with the seventh string. Unfortunately the pickups are kind of midsy so I can't get as good a metallica/megadeth tone out of it as I could with my Seymour Duncan JB in my Strat but for everything else it's amazing. Through my Mesa Boogie F-30 I sound just like how Vai sounds on the songs and I can get a great yngwie tone out of the neck pickup too.

It also looks amazing. The Floyd rose tremolo is incredible too.

It was made in japan but that's no big deal. This is better than the Les Paul Standard I played at guitar center than that was another 500 dollars and was a lot heavier and also didn't have a tremolo.

My only complaint besides the midsy tone is the neck. It's smoot and the fretboard is nice but I don't like the back. The back isn't glossed at all it's just wood. It's still fast though but it would be nice if it was glossed like my American Strat's neck was then it would be a lot faster.

It's also kind of expensive for a bolt on neck guitar. Even though it's bolt on it sustains more than my Set Neck SG standard did.

Anyway if you play Vai/Malmsteen/Metal get this. It's a bit midsy but oh well.

Gloss makes a neck slower.......
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
i think the guy from Reflux play one of those.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Quote by hendrix&angus!
umm tom (prophet) your on crank gloss definitly makes it faster

Personally, I never liked gloss necks... they get sticky when your hand sweats.
wah, what a weirdo.....

anways, neck-through and bolt on can alwyas have the same thing. Therefore that bolt on, when the neck is snapped, you can replace it and if its neck-thru, your screwed except if you wanna pay alot for the repair.

The reason y its built like that cuz steve vai made it. The guitar you own is the rebirth of all sevens. Nice guitar i might want one of those. Is it hard to go back from 7 to 6?
Quote by hendrix&angus!
umm tom (prophet) your on crank gloss definitly makes it faster

Uh, no.

Gloss makes your hands stick to the neck when they get sweaty, and it's also a stickier surface, making it harder to slide up and down quickly.

Why do you think Steve Vai, a rather fast player, has an unfinished neck?

That's right.

Cause it helps him play faster.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I like unfinished necks, after you play them for a while, they get naturally worn in & are faster than gloss necks IMO.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
An unfinished neck is definately the fastest of them all. Technically, gloss slows down playing because it causes friction moving up and down because the gloss is very sticky.

What model UV is it? And yes, the black dude from Reflux plays a UV777 in black.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
[lame]An unfinished neck would be faster because there is less neck to move about on[/lame]

I definately want to get me an UV some day, even though I generally despise trems. This thing is just a must-have, I'll just fling one of those tremol-no's in there anyway.