ok im on a very tight budget (in school blah) and i need a cheap guitar . . . is a viper 100 or whatever its called any good? i broke my sg but i cant efford another so yea let me know if anyone knows anything about them. . . . and are they LIGHT lol alright thanx
How'd your SG break?

EDIT: If you're talking about the ESP LTD Viper 100, I'd say avoid it. It's made of agathis, which is pretty much as low as you can get.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at May 12, 2006,
I'd avoid the low end LTD models. Look for a used Viper 300. It will be about the price of a new Viper 100 and infinitely better.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
im retarded and ****ing dropped it at a local show and the neck cracked and its soo bad i know it cant bbe fixed i brought it to three diffrent shops! i was so pissed
E-mail the Maker. Since you said it's an SG, Either Gibson or Epiphone.

They'll be able to fix it or replace it.

Edit: Also, the lowest I'd go (looking at the ESP site now) would be the Viper 400. It doesn't show the 300, but if Crunchmeister says the 300 is good, look into it. He knows his stuff.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at May 12, 2006,
Quote by Xenn99
Edit: Also, the lowest I'd go (looking at the ESP site now) would be the Viper 400. It doesn't show the 300, but if Crunchmeister says the 300 is good, look into it. He knows his stuff.

The entire LTD 300 line was replaced by the 400 line about 2 years ago, so they're not on the ESP site anymore. The new Viper 400 is essentially the same guitar as the old 300 in terms of wood and construction. The new Viper 400 has better pickups (EMG vs EMG-HZ), an Earvana nut (vs stadnard nut on the 300), and Grover tuners (vs the standard ESP-branded tuners on the 300). But they're great guitars.

I got my EX-351 used for a whopping $125 US, and upgraded all the hardware and electronics to beyond the specs of the EX-400 for less than the EX-260 costs new.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor