i want a new amp but am swamped as for which ones to have a look at.
my price range is up to£300 and want all the basic effects but would really like some good distortion. the peavy valve king looks good but i have no idea. iwana amp of 50-100watts
what kind do you play?

id stay away from amps that have effects, most are garbage
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
^Amps with minimal effects can still be good. Like Chorus and delay. Reverb is pretty common as well.

What are you using the amp for? Home practice? Playing small gigs? If it's just home practice, 30-50W should be plenty.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
*dances and parades Vox around again*

Vox AD50VT. Or the 30VT. I've heard the 50 - it sounds great. I've got the 30, and I love it. Check it out, really. It's great.

The built-in effects serve the purpose too. It's got quite a few. They're decent. Obviously not as good as proper pedals but hey.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
i want it as a second amp for home and small gig use. i play all kings of music from jimi hendrix to zakk wylde. by the way are valve amps better than digital and are pedals better than the effects u get on the amps
I like my rogue 120 watt, its not the most luxurious amp but for the price of 200 dollars its definetely worth it. Distortion sucks but all you need is a pedal and your good.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Valve/Tube amps aer better than solid state in most cases. They are louder as well.

Check out Marshall amps. I know Zakk Wylde uses them. I like my MG-even though people say they suck.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yup, the marshalls are good amps. But correct me if im wrong, but aren't tube amps generally worth a fortune? I have yet to find one below 600 pounds. If you want an amp for small gigs, i'd suggest saving up some more for a better one...
Quote by Xenn99
Valve/Tube amps aer better than solid state in most cases. They are louder as well.

Check out Marshall amps. I know Zakk Wylde uses them. I like my MG-even though people say they suck.

Yeah same I like them if I new how to form a group Id make one saying MGs dont suck. And anyway Mgs have two channels 4 effects and efects levels and the effects can be tweaked e.g. different type of reverb, flanger etc.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
mgs suck balls. Especially for gigs and recording. It sounds like the distortion is messed up, if there where bee's inside that amp. My rg prestige is being pushed way down to level 1 of her limits.... (need tube amp myself, but im getting it in july peace).