Hey guys, PF locked my last spam thread, but no worries. My ninja's are nearly at his doorstep.

Anyhow, here is my much promised thread on De-fenderisation of Fender guitars.

1. Mark Hoppus Jazz Bass: I thought people bought Jazz basses for the controls, neck, pickups and metal livery. I like the plates on the J-Bass. The Mark Hoppus is being marketed as a Jazz bass when in truth its a P-Bass shaped like a J-bass. I have, however played just one *ASTOUNDING* MH bass, out of about 4. It had such a deep tone, with nice articulation.

2. Flathead Telecaster: Yes, the orignial Esquire was stripped down to the bare essentials. This is just aimed at 'Metalheads' who need a guitar to bash around. I do however, like the colour schemes and shapes.

3. Jaguar HH: You all know my views on this one.

4. Cyclone: Now I love the cyclone, its amazing infact. If only there was an upmarket american version, or even a good japanese version I would have one of these in an instant, I like the tri-jag-pickup'd version for obvious reasons. The strat trem is a bonus.

5. Toronado: I like this model too, however I find the control layout and pickup selection to be Fender's biggest Gibson wannabe since the CBS Telecaster Custom. It should come in orange as that was its most bitchin' shade. The original Toranado (big pickguard) was much nicer. Also the neck profile often came as a 'U' shape which I love.

6. Finally - the TC90: Please Fender, just stop. This is an outright Gibson wannabe. Not saying that Gibson OR Fender are bad, but this is hallmark stuff. F-holes and P-90's. Why doesn't fender make new TRUE (non Pee nintey) SINGLECOIL related instruments? Even CBS tried harder than this.

Yes, they were all opinions, but im on my way to becoming drunk... so let the (unoffical) spam proceed!
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Hey lay off Fender. Theyre just experimenting. They already have Strats and Teles as established powerhouses. Theyre just seeing what works and what doesnt.

If you dont like them go buy something else.
^Guys: Ped's the most loyal Fender-er (Except for TNTFootball guy) in the forum. He's jsut saying he doesn't approve of some of their latest designs/schemes.

And I agree. However, the fact remains that single-coil guitars simply are not as popular in todays modern music, and I doubt an all-singlecoil guitar without the icon status of a Strat, Tele, or surf guitar (Jag, Jazzmaster, Mustang...) would sell well at all.

Now, on with the spam: I believe I won the last thread, according to Joel...
^ just to let you know, can we try to keep it on-topic this time?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fender is just trying too hard to make money these days; but they still make good instruments.
I don't really care for any other model apart from the good old strat and occasional tele, so they can do what they want.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Yes, I love my Fenders.

And the Jag, Jazz and Mustang were never intended for Jazz.

Jag: Flagship Fender - the best they made at the time
Jazz: Aimed at Jazz Market.
Mustang: For those who couldn't afford a strat.

Many people would be suprised at just the sheer amount of Tele going into today's recordings.

Even funeral for a friend use them.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
I don't get why the last thread got closed Ped...I mean...It's not like you were spamming or anything.

Oh. Wait...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Somebody create a better ped spam can picture!?

Also: It is rumoured that fender are bringing back the Starcaster.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko

Even funeral for a friend use them.

and they suck. coincidence?

nah, i like teles. still don't know why FFAF suck, though...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I do...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
^ touche...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Danno13
^Guys: Ped's the most loyal Fender-er (Except for TNTFootball guy) in the forum. He's jsut saying he doesn't approve of some of their latest designs/schemes.

Im really a loyal Gibson user. Ven though i think there quality isnt as good as before i can imagine athoer guiatr then a Gibby
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I do like the SG, however.

I will always bee a jag man
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko

ooh, that would be interesting
Quote by thegreensquall
whats the starcaster?

A hollowbody they once made a looong time ago (in the 70s i think): http://misheli.image.pbase.com/u19/jroy/upload/21997203.Img_2082.jpg
http://www.musiciansociety.com/UserFiles/ins_FenderGuit-his_clip_image041.jpg

didn't really work out well because fender were always a solid body+single coil guitar company

I think one of the guys from Radiohead uses one, and well as Trey Anastasio's custom guitar is kind of based off the shape of it
Last edited by seljer at May 12, 2006,
The 70's wasn't that looong ago, either that or I'm ancient.

And I am a Strat man myself.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
Quote by Pedricko

Thats one ugly guitar. I hope it makes a comes back but redesigned to look less Gibsonish

Standard SSS strats just dont cut it in todays all emo/metal/punk genres, same with the SS tele.

I dont like the way fender are experimenting with all sorts of combinations. I keep seeing these guitars i think are ibanez's with 'fender' on the headstock. Low quality guitars at that.
Quote by Preid
Thats one ugly guitar. I hope it makes a comes back but redesigned to look less Gibsonish

Standard SSS strats just dont cut it in todays all emo/metal/punk genres, same with the SS tele.

I dont like the way fender are experimenting with all sorts of combinations. I keep seeing these guitars i think are ibanez's with 'fender' on the headstock. Low quality guitars at that.

I doubt Fender cares that their guitars dont fit 3 genres when they fit nearly every other genre.

I like Fender stuff, I just wish they could put out more products than Strats and Teles for Americans.
punk = punk isnt stuffl like greenday. You don't need humbuckers for punk, telecasters are perfect.

metal = Iron Maiden.

emo = Finch.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Spamtacular drunk postage: I like Beans.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
My biggest beef with Fender's line is that there isn't an afforable way to get into a Jag or Jazz without paying out the waazoo for it. Even the MIJ Jag HH costs well over $500 bucks, and I'd rather put those funds to a new, larger amp instead, especially considering I already have two great electric instruments (a MIM Strat with Tex-Mex Strat pups and a modified Squier Tele Special with a No-Caster neck pup, Seymour Duncan JB hum, and new bridge unit).

(Which is why this Fender devotee is considering a Reverend Warhawk. Sad, but, whatever. At least you get your money's worth out one of those.)

And Pedricko, you're right. The Post-2004 Toronado was a great looking guitar. I actually wanted one before I found an alternative. That model of 'Nado is sort of difficult to find where I'm at, so there's no way I can buy one.
Last edited by grungefan89 at May 16, 2006,
Fender's greatest acomplishment in my eyes was the Toronado. I like them as much as I like Jags. A brilliant Gibson style sound yet still typically Fender.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!