I was just wondering how much Billie Joe armstrongs fernandez stratocaster would've originally cost when he got it, cause i know he installed seymour duncan humbuckers on it. I was just wondering if my guitar is good enough to have new pickups installed, or whether I should get a new guitar first. Btw I'm not REALLY interested on whether you like green day or not.
his originlay copy blue didnt cost much
i mean that strat sux
what guitar do you have?
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Yeah I only have a silverton strat copy. I really hate the sound I'm getting just It's gonna take me a long while to save up for a really decent guitar, so I was just wondering if it's worth me simply getting new pickups for the time being.
If your looking for the time being as in you'll only have enough money to buy pick-ups, and wont have money to buy a decent guitar for a long while then no don't buy pick-ups buy a new guitar. But if you mean time being as in your gonna get a job or some other form of money to buy a new guitar in like a year or so then yea. But really buy a new guitar.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Well even if I don't get pickups, I won't be able to get a decent guitar for a fair while anyway. But yeah I guess I might aswell save up as soon as I can. I just doubly hate my sound lol, cause I have a crap strat copy AND a Marshall MG amp (thats right).
The only thing that keeps me going is my BOSS ds-2
Quote by matt bickerton
Well even if I don't get pickups, I won't be able to get a decent guitar for a fair while anyway. But yeah I guess I might aswell save up as soon as I can. I just doubly hate my sound lol, cause I have a crap strat copy AND a Marshall MG amp (thats right).
The only thing that keeps me going is my BOSS ds-2

get a mexi strat now
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
^^ Yeah I was thinking along the lines of a Marshall DSL401. And to the previous reply I think mexi strats are too...squared off I guess. But yeah I think im pretty much sorted now. Thanks for all the help
Quote by Chromeproguitar
get a mexi strat now

Friends dont let friends buy Mexican Fenders.
His first Fernandez Strat his Dad got for him just before he died when Billie was only 10...He has had MANY copies of that guitar over the years...Just thought I would give you the story of that...
Quote by Gabel
A DSL 401 would be good.

I've got one, its good
Martin

Gibson 2004 LP Standard Limited Edition 60s Neck in Manhattan Midnight,
Fender 2005 American Stratocaster in Chrome Red with Maple Neck,
Squier Affinity P-Bass Metallic Blue,
Marshall DSL-401,
Fender Rumble 15.