I'm looking for a 5 string bass in the $1000 price range. I'm debating between Warwick Rockbass and Lakland at the moment. I love the look of Warwick and the low end growl, and they seem to get fairly good reviews with a few complaints, and the Laklands basically just get glowing reviews. Any recommendations? The shops in my area dont really have many nice 5 strings so i dont have the luxury of playing with these lovely darlings.
I know its not on your list but i own an ibanez btb 405 and i love it. I have no complaints. I dont really have any experience with the ones you have listed but just wanted to throw one out there for you to consider. The tone is awesome the bartolini pickups are just great.

Just throwin out another bass for you to consider...i picked mine up for i wanna say $700 bout a year ago and it still plays great with some elixir strings on it. Not a very expensive bass but sounds high end.
Fender American Jazz (or P) V,

its kind of a new take on 5 string (normally 5 strings very "Heavy Metal" looking), and they play great.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks
Fender American Jazz (or P) V,

its kind of a new take on 5 string (normally 5 strings very "Heavy Metal" looking), and they play great.

You mean, heavy metal as in the stereotypical Ibanezes, Warwicks, and Spector type basses you usually see metal bands on stage with?
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Don't get a Rockbass warwick, get a used Warwick they are incredible.. i love my 5 Thumb Warick It is amazing, exactly what i wanted...
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.